News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

motards

Started by weggieman, August 26, 2007, 01:40:58 PM

weggieman

I rode the new Ducati Hypermotard and KTM Superduke back to back yesterday at Corse. Oh man, I want a Superduke!!!! You want to talk hooligan bike? This is it!

The Duc comes in a distant 2nd place to the Duke. Handling, engine, trans, ergos,  everything is better on the Duke.

resurection

Have you riden speed tripple with 1050cc motor ?

weggieman

Nope. I'm sure it's a gas but I like the twins and singles for this kind of bike.

resurection

I can't agree more as my daily ride is an XR650R set up for the street .
With all the HRC mods and 15/40 final gear. This bike is so  fast on a tight piece of road.  Even fast sport bike guys can't believe it.
They can only hang their heads in disbelief.

SVbadguy

I love my tarded DR650.  I like stripping of the lights and running it through tech just to play around in practice like I did this past weekend at the Shenandoah Circuit.

Went out riding a week ago with friends on a Husky 610 and a KTM 690.  They said I would pull away from them.  :wtf:   And I had on my tall 16/42 vs 15/42 gearing.  Must be the strong low end, top end is only good for 103mph.

TheHiriser

I don't think it matters what you get on Travis, you are quick.

resurection

I'm waiting for the money to retard a 650L research has proven it's possible to obtain over 50hp and weigh in under 300lbs (the bike not me)maybe slam it down alittle'with late model frontend off a sportbike and shorter shock.
Maybe I'll find this money after we finish collage ,3daughters ya know

weggieman

I have a DR650 also and love it for back road stuff. It's a stocker right now but am researching mods.

resurection

Big singles love to gulp lots of  air check intake manifold for restrictive plate .
2 sizes bigger low speed jet ,165/175 main, air filter and open air box maybe some well placed holes. Remove baffle or new muffler.Hotter plug and bigger front sprocket and your bike will flat rock!!!!