News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Drinks

Started by Simon, August 22, 2007, 12:42:29 PM

Simon

Seen how I seem to have become the "Official" drinks purchaser for MARRC I thought I'd take a pole on what you guy's would like to drink when you are out on the turns. Non alcoholic, of course! (that comes after).

I already have this weekend covered with assorted Gatorade, Water (always), Coke, Diet Coke (team Kobayashi), Mtn Dew, Assorted Lemonades and Pepsi.

Anything else you'd like to see in the future?

MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

Kuala76

Just wanted to say "thanks" to you and the entire family for all you guys do to help nourish us during the weekend  :thumb:  :cheers:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Yeah Simon, Your wife ROCKS  :biggrin: :thumb:, and you aren't half bad yourself.  :lmao:

Simon

You guy's are starting to worry me :ahhh:
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

On a serious note those little packets you can pour into the bottles of water are pretty cool, might encourage people to drink more water.

Simon

Quote from: TheHiriser on August 22, 2007, 02:29:57 PM
On a serious note those little packets you can pour into the bottles of water are pretty cool, might encourage people to drink more water.
Good point, I'll see if I can find some.

Damn, got another smite!!....going to have to use Kumi's "anti-smite" thingy.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

Hey I got my first one finally.  WOO HOO.

ZXYBCH

QuoteHey I got my first one finally.  WOO HOO.
and now ya got another.  :spank:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Simon - water, water, and water; v8 or tomato juice if you can find (inexpensive!) individual serving sizes (gives you the sodium and all the other good stuff to help with hydration, and it is also a hangover helper for those who indulge too heavily the night before) and I second the lemonade! Non-diet though...  :thumb:

See y'all this weekend!
S.
MARRC Cornerworker @ Summit Point
Street: 2002 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Track: 2000 SV650
CCS#872

I ride motorcycles cuz Daddy never got me that pony I wanted!

TheHiriser

Quote from: Simon on August 22, 2007, 02:25:06 PM
You guy's are starting to worry me :ahhh:

We must have had the wool pulled over your eyes pretty good if you just now started worrying about us.

TheHiriser

Quote from: ZXYBCH on August 22, 2007, 08:38:15 PM
and now ya got another.  :spank:

Right back at you, now you are tied with yourself.

fox

iced tea or fruit punch

castle228

Simon, some food for thought on the water bottle packets......

Crystal Light (and others) contains Phenylalanine (aspartame) which has serious side effects including headaches, eyeaches...I could list them all. But here's a link if you want to read about it. When I first started drinking them, I got really bad eye aches and headaches. http://www.sweetpoison.com/phenylalanine.html

An alternative is 4C. They're sugar free and Phenylalanice free. Giant definitely carries them. I think Safeway may also carry them. Some flavors are sweet tea, green tea, fruit punch (one of my favs), pink lemonade, white blueberry tea, rasberry, and wild berry pomegranate (another fav). A box of 20 packets is about $6.00 I believe, but sometimes you can catch them on sale. If you do happen to pick some up, you'll find the tea flavors in the tea aisle, but the fruit punch and a couple other are found in the juice aisle.

I love the stuff and have a drawer full here at my office. It really helps me with my dialy water consumption.
Chris Astle
CCS MA AM #458
MARRC Cornerworker 
www.marrc.org