Starlane GPS Laptimer review & Auction

Started by Jeff, August 16, 2007, 10:09:48 AM

Jeff

So Fred Renz of www.yoyodyneti.com sent me one of his wooby-dooby GPS lap timers.  I had a few guys test it out and then we did writeups on it.  It's a pretty lengthy review, but this thing is VERY cool and has a lot to talk about.

Here's the review:  http://www.cbr600rr.com/pages/reviews/starlane.php

What now?  Well, we're going to auction it off for the Red Flag Fund.  The plan as of this minute is to auction it during the WERA/AMA round at Mid Ohio 9/21-23.  So if you're in the neighborhood, come on out! 

If you have any questions on the unit, feel free to ask and I'll let you know what I know on it.

-Jeff
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GSXR RACER MIKE

Since you mentioned it would be a cool function, I checked out Starlanes own website and they have that unit in an 'R' version which has a Bluetooth download capability to bring up track maps with all your info, they also have the same unit (Bluetooth) labeled as their 'Pro' model with data acquisition inputs as well.  :thumb:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Jeff

But can you get one? 

Just because it's on their site doesn't mean it's for sale and attainable today (or tomorrow for that matter)...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

GSXR RACER MIKE

No idea, I was just offering the info. I think the model you have would help so much to eliminate all those missed 'hits' I experience in traffic. The section function would be kick ass too for seeing if your improving in an area or not.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96