Contingency Question in Florida

Started by MightyDuc Racing, February 15, 2003, 06:07:38 AM

MightyDuc Racing

It looks like Dunlop has released it's contingency program for the year, and judging by what they are doing for WERA, it should be pretty sweet for the CCS!  Here's my question...being new, I have no idea how it all works.  Will they mail me a certificate or will the vendor at the track (James) have it, or what?  Also, will they pay for the Homestead races last weekend even though it wasn't officially released yet?  Curious because I will be buying a new set for the first time at Moroso (or Daytona if I decide to go at the last minute) and could really use the financial assistance.  Again, judging by what's posted for WERA (hint, hint CCS weebsite), it looks like Dunlop will NOT be outdone by the other tire companies and I get to stay with the tires I love. ;)  Thanks in advance for the info.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Protein Filled

The way we did it last year at the midwest ccs region was that you would fill out contingency sheets that are provided at registration and turn them in to the tech inspector when you are running the bike through tech. They won't take them after the races start.

Once CCS sends the results to the company providing the contingency, they will send you a check or certificate for the amount of your winnings.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

MightyDuc Racing

And that's what I did.  My questions are...how long before you get them, and are they gonna pay out based on the program they've released  after the fact for this year?  Thanks!
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

MELK-MAN

QuoteAnd that's what I did.  My questions are...how long before you get them, and are they gonna pay out based on the program they've released  after the fact for this year?  Thanks!
in Talking with Frank Kinsey with Michelin tires, and Vortex, it can take over a month or so for the sponsorship sheet info to be passed along. Michelin gives you a credit card that gets updated trackside. You can purchase tires, and he can swipe the card. Vortex says they will have info on rider/number but it does take some time.
later.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

xlr8tn

Is CCS going to make this process easier for 2003?   It would make sense that we turn in our contingency forms at the beginning of the year and have them listed along with our bike number.  Upon tech inspection, one stop shopping.  The inspectors have them already listed next to your bike and sign off after seeing the stickers.  If you need to update throughout the year, then send in a form.  Most racers stick with the products that provide contingency and those that work for them.  Just a thought.  

r6_philly

QuoteIs CCS going to make this process easier for 2003?   It would make sense that we turn in our contingency forms at the beginning of the year and have them listed along with our bike number.  Upon tech inspection, one stop shopping.  The inspectors have them already listed next to your bike and sign off after seeing the stickers.  If you need to update throughout the year, then send in a form.  Most racers stick with the products that provide contingency and those that work for them.  Just a thought.  

That sounds like more administrative work. I think its best to try to make things easier for CCS not for us. Otherwise nothing will ever get done