News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Where would you put it?

Started by Simon, August 10, 2007, 08:28:36 AM

Simon

I have been working on and off for two years to get some of the foam type bales (like the ones on the Shenandoah) for use on the main track at Summit. This year it seems like both CCS and WERA have made an outstanding effort to get airfence up at just about every event, so the foam bale issue is not as important. The airfence typically goes up in turns 3, 4 and 7. I think that it would be good if we could get 4 of the bales and put them against the tirewall in turn 8. So I'm still working on it.
If we could get bales for the main track, where would you put them?
Keep in mind that its even more stuff for us to put up and take down along with the hundred other things we have to do to set up for a race weekend!
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

Mongo

Same as where Andy puts the airfence to start.  Then I'd extend it a little further out of 8.  Then both sides of 7 (I'd have to show you where I mean exactly), T3 would be nice just in case and so on. 

All in all though, covering the whole wall on the left in the chute and 8 is perfect.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Kuala76

I would vote definitely 8  :thumb: :thumb: Watching them come through there from the berm is often a very enlightening experience to say the least...especially when they're coming through breaking the track record every lap!!! :ahhh: :ahhh:
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

TheHiriser

Air fence in 8 like where Kumi said.  :thumb: :cheers:

Foam bales where Mongo said. :thumb: :cheers:

Unrealistically put it basically anywhere they've got tires already.  Front straight has seen some hairy accidents from what I've heard and seen from picking up trashed bikes.  Just my opinion.

SVbadguy

This should cover it.

Simon

Ok, to alleviate some of the confusion....I'm assuming that the airfence will already be provided by WERA/CCS, so 3,4 & 7 will be covered. The bales will be supplemental to this.
Travis, I like the placement in 10, I didn't even think about that.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

I think what Travis was trying to show is in addition to the air fence you put the foam blocks before and after the air fence that is put up in those turns.  On Shenny I noticed in some parts they had a double barrier setup.  In the chicane going into start finish for example and I think in the middle of Turn 9 if I remember correctly.

I agree with T10 on Main that Travis pointed out as well.   It is rare they make it that far but I've seen it happen.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to soft barrier all the way to the cut that brings bike to the Orchard road side.

But if we are only talking a couple of blocks then 8 would my vote as the others already do have air fence like Simon said.