News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Need you generosity for a little guy

Started by grich575, August 08, 2007, 10:24:01 PM

grich575

I am part of the VCS Racing team and we try to bring as much attention that we can to Breast Cancer Awareness. Well, I now need your help on a different cancer issue that has hit one of our good friend's family pretty hard.

It saddens me to have to write this as we were seeing such improvements in this little boy. Luke is our neighbor's youngest son and @ 3 years old has already been through more than most of us will ever go through in our lifetime. He is one of, Ayron, our almost 4 year old son's best friends and up until last week they were able to play and do most things three year olds should do.

You will see from the Children's Miracle Network card below that Luke has been diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. This is a form of cancer that affects very young childen and can infect their entire body before it is diagnosed. You will also see that he was cleared of his cancer almost a year ago and all has been good until now.

Last week he went for a routine scan and they found four spots with cancer cells in them. A 4mmX10mm spot on his right thigh, and then 3 spots the size of a sharpened pencil point, one on one of his kidneys, one in his rib cage, and one in his skull near were the first tumor was removed.

Luke had most of his treaments the first time at Arnold Palmer hospital in Orlando but this time he has had to go to Shands Children's Hospital in Gainsville for the treatment as they can only do each type of treatment one time. This is going to be another long process and a very expensive one at that!!! I am asking that you help out with this cause as many have helped with the Breast Cancer cause that our team represents.

I would like you to send donations to my paypal account and I will print out each receipt and give that to the family as well so they can see your encouraging words. I am sure when things settle down a bit you will get a big THANK YOU from the family. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do this as I have never asked for specific help like this before but this is how we are going to try it for now. We are going to be at JGP next Fri, Sat, and Sun and we will have a donation jar with us then and also at each round we race from here on out until he is home and better. These treatments are very expensive and insurance only covers so much, let alone the extra living expenses because Luke's mom has to stay near the hospital in Gainsville for the whole time he is there.

Any amount you can donate will be a big help!!!

Ask any questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Info on Neuroblastoma: http://www.acor.org/ped-onc/diseases/neuro.html

PayPal address:   grich575 @ yahoo dot com
Phone: 772-473-2128

G. Richards
FL EX #613
'06 GSX-R600
www.vcsracing.com

grich575

Some more pics of Luke. As of Thurs. he was doing pretty good. No longer complaining about his leg hurting and he didn't need any pain meds. They said this type of chemo isn't as harsh on him so he hasn't gotten as sick as last time, yet.

I will know more later but am pretty excited to say that Luke and his family may be coming to JGP next Sun. when we are there to say thanks for all the help. He finishes his five days of treatment on Thurs., I think, and they are hoping he will feel good enough to make the trip from Gainsville to JGP. We shall see.

G. Richards
FL EX #613
'06 GSX-R600
www.vcsracing.com

chaplain220

grich, thanks for takin the time to post this up, we pitted next to ya at Jennings earlier this year.  Sending some support to Luke and keeping him in prayer.