Just when it looked so good...

Started by MightyDuc Racing, February 14, 2003, 04:47:44 AM

MightyDuc Racing

They got the results for the first CCS event out west up so quick...then there is nothing after almost an entire week following Homestead...hmm.  I guess it couldn't possibly be any worse than last year, so maybe I'm complaining prematurely.  They should let one of the racers volunteer to do it, I'm sure they could find somebody to fax the results and format to.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

hdpromos

Mighty Duck, come on now! I fedexed CCS the race package Tue. They got it Wed. it's only Fri. am. How about giving them a break for now and lets see how it goes from here.

HD

MightyDuc Racing

LOL...just excited Henry.  More teasing them than anything else since it took weeks last year and they seem like they are gonna be on the ball this year!  Oh yeah, can we camp at Moroso for the races, and if so, what's the latest I can get there Friday night and still get in and set up?  Thanks again for all the help, Henry!

Bryan
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Jeff

Fax? Fedex? Manual Entry???

CCS has this in digital format at EVERY event, BEFORE they leave!  There should be no reason that anyone would have to manually manipulate the information, spend thousands per year on Fedex, or (egads man) FAX the information!

This is insane!

Again though, the problem isn't necessarily with CCS, but rather CCE who runs the websites, is understaffed and has cumbersome policies and procedures.  For years, I've been trying to help them through this, and it's very slow-going.  

I'm sure there are many others out there who are doing the same (helping that is)...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

r1owner

If it is in digital format, they could simply upload the file from any browser, than have a server side component that automatically updates the database and spits out the HTML.

Not hard to do at all.

SliderPhoto

QuoteThey should let one of the racers volunteer to do it....

Been there, done that. I offered...

But heck, I'm impressed with Tiff getting the results up last week. Let's hope the rest of the season goes the same.

Jeff it's probably a print out and disc package they are Fedexing I doubt they are manually entering data.

Jeff

QuoteIf it is in digital format, they could simply upload the file from any browser, than have a server side component that automatically updates the database and spits out the HTML.

Not hard to do at all.

Could is a big word there...  You have to have other simple components in place which they apparently don't.

I agree that this is a simple process, but it's one they are not equipped to perform.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Don't forget that some of the other regions are not owned by CCS.  So, they might operate on a little different system.  Where we're at, we're owned...because there are so many rider/entries/money here.
Super Dave

ecumike

QuoteIf it is in digital format, they could simply upload the file from any browser, than have a server side component that automatically updates the database and spits out the HTML.

Not hard to do at all.

Yup... upload as XML, import into a database.. or heck... upload and just call the XML file directly using Taglibs, etc.

hdpromos

The package that I send CCS weighs about 2 lbs. All of it except the discs cannot be sent any other way. So if you are in a hurry to check results, go to 2wf.com. (CCS/Florida is an affiliate). I realize that there are legitimate complaints but let's give them a break here and be fair.

HD

Super Dave

It seems as the MW/GP/GL regions are owned by CCS, we seem to get some pretty poor service.  Especially, considering that Kenny Abbott is just down the road in Chicago.

Super Dave

r1owner

QuoteCould is a big word there...  You have to have other simple components in place which they apparently don't.

I agree that this is a simple process, but it's one they are not equipped to perform.

No special equipment (other than a computer with internet connectivity) is required.  All they have to do is click one button, and navigate to the file(s) they want to upload from the local PC.  The internet, and the web server on the other end do the rest.