News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

"Motorcycles" on The History Channel & BHF?

Started by r1owner, July 11, 2007, 11:01:10 PM

r1owner

I was watching this show (which is on again later tonight) and they showed a clip of a dude on a Buell on the racetrack.  I swear the track they're on is Blackhawk Farms.  Anyone know if this is the case.

Court Jester

i caught the last 30 minutes of it and changed it when they started blabering about harleys.
what i saw of the show was pretty cool though.
better than "superbikes" on speedvision
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

cbr600_mj

Yes, I saw it too. I has been on before.

There is a great deal of Harley/ Indian stuff in it though with very little sportbike etc.

They did show the Jay Lenno bike with the jet engine in it.

I liked how the talked about the racers back in the day on the high banked oval wood tracks.

Those riders and their bikes had to be towed to start since their gearing was so high.

They had no brakes either!  They had to shut down motor to slow down and or do a controlled rear wheel skid to slow down.

Damn!

MJ (The other one)
cbr600_mj
AM #55
01 CBR F4i

Super Dave

Yes, the Buell footage was from Blackhawk before the repaving at the end of 2002.
Super Dave