News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road America CCS July 6-8

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, June 21, 2007, 01:10:15 AM

Woofentino Pugrossi

Got this From Dave Fanning for those interested in working the races at RA.

QuoteHi Everybody,
The big weekend at Road America will be here soon. The racing July 6-7-8 will include CCS, ASRA, USGPRU (2 strokes), and new to us, Moto-ST. The Moto-ST race on Sunday will be 77 laps and is limited to two cylinder bikes.
In addition to racing, the Red Flag Fund auction will be Saturday evening at 7. Unlike the past, no food or beer will be associated with the auction.  Road America vendors will be open and carry-ins are allowed.
This is a non spectator event. The only camping allowed is for racers, crew and cornerworkers. There is not a per person charge, however tents are $30.00 and motorhomes are $50.00. Midwest Safety Crew will reimburse workers $30.00 for camping with a receipt. I have a PDF of the non spectator event camping rules, please email me if you need a copy.
Registration will open at 6pm on Thursday. It will probably be open until 7:30 or 8.
Morning meetings will be at the RA Center at 7:10, green track at 8. Remember to bring a drinking cup. Road America provides water to the corners but no cups.
For those unfamiliar with the area, there is a Wal-Mart located 10 miles away in Plymouth.
See you in July, David Fanning 507-895-3269
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Woofentino Pugrossi

Correction its a $35 camping fee and Midwest Safety will reimburse workers the $35.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Suzy

I think it's ridiculous that we are even being charged.  :rollseyes:

What cost are they covering to charge us in the first place?  :wtf:
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Camping prices are just their policy. Each track is different. Some dont charge workers, some do, some do at reduced rates..
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Suzy

Reduced Rates???  :wtf:

If cornerworkers are told they are only volunteers (especially at RA) and not paying them, then on top of it charge them money for a spot on the ground?,  :lmao: Sorry, just doesn't make any sense to me. We provide a great service to them and riders, not that I can't pay, I would think it's the least they could do is not charge us for camping.  :rollseyes:

lsf

Unlike the AMA event, workers are paid $50.00 per day for ASRA/CCS.
David and Lina
Retired Race Control and
Assistant Starter

Woofentino Pugrossi

No, I agree that workers shouldnt be charged, but every track decides its own policy on camping. Some tracks you cant camp at period. Some tracks wont allow tents, you have to have a RV (PI back in the late 80's. Unsure now). Some tracks have differing rates for RV and tents (RA for example) and some dont.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Eric Kelcher

Some of the reason for charge and reimburse is that there is a contingent of people that say they are coming in to work or whatever to get in free. So it makes it simplier for all to have the money reimbursed for those that are actually working rather than having an extra few hundred(thousand?) $ taken out of the CW(or other offical expense)fund to pay for a non-worker.

And in the end you are not paying for camping, just be sure to have 35 when come in the gate and you will be getting it right back (well when you show up to actually work)

Reduced rate for workers are places that have hook-ups or give an option of camping or discount motels.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Suzy

I think I understand, thanks Eric.  :biggrin:

I need a Schnitzelburger.  :lmao:

Suzy

Thinking of this further, made me come to a suggestion.

Most cornerworkers that are signed up for this season, should have thier ID's already, and registration maybe has a good idea of what those people look like (if CCS staff is running registration), if not, maybe Dave can keep extra pictures to give them. If a person comes to registration and says they want to work, don't let them sign in, charge them , then tell them to report to the tower and see Dave first before signing them in, if they are legit and work, then sign them up to be reimbursed. That way, those with ID's that are actually working don't have to be charged for camping at the registration.  And if this is not a spectator race, how can all those people be signing in, in the first place?  :err: :biggrin:

barb_arah

Quote from: Suzy on July 05, 2007, 08:53:03 AM
Thinking of this further, made me come to a suggestion.

Most cornerworkers that are signed up for this season, should have thier ID's already, and registration maybe has a good idea of what those people look like (if CCS staff is running registration), if not, maybe Dave can keep extra pictures to give them. If a person comes to registration and says they want to work, don't let them sign in, charge them , then tell them to report to the tower and see Dave first before signing them in, if they are legit and work, then sign them up to be reimbursed. That way, those with ID's that are actually working don't have to be charged for camping at the registration.  And if this is not a spectator race, how can all those people be signing in, in the first place?  :err: :biggrin:
What we've done in the past is the same thing you suggested.  We've charged the person and reimbursed them after they work.  Also, we've radioed the tower to verify that the person is indeed a cornerworker.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

barb_arah

I'd like to thank all of the corner workers who have worked very hard to make this weekend possible.  I certainly appreciate what all of you do out there!  Without the cornerworkers, we couldn't do it.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.