Contingency ?'s

Started by schmitty, June 20, 2007, 06:35:32 PM

schmitty

I read in the different tire companies programs that you have to place stickers on the bike, and wear a patch on your leathers.  I'm new to this game so this may sound stupid, but where do I get these stickers and patches?

Schmitty
CCS MW AM #133
2009 Sponsors: AGVSport, Suomy, Vortex, Amsoil, Buell of Appleton, Metro Motorcycle, The Locker Room Sports Pub

Super Dave

Usually you have two routes.  Either the track side vendor or at tech inspection.
Super Dave

jgordon

If your that new I wouldn't worry about contingency...  :ass:

superspud

Quote from: jgordon on June 21, 2007, 04:49:54 PM
If your that new I wouldn't worry about contingency...  :ass:

It's never too early to learn.   :thumb:

CCS MW Am #778

schmitty

Hey jgordon,

I see that you're an expert, well excuse the hell out of me for being a new amateur!!  I thought the experienced guys were supposed to be encouraging the newbies??!!  Racing isn't exactly a cheap sport, so if there's even a chance I could make a few bucks to cover some of my expenses, I'm there!!  Besides what do you care, I'm an amateur remember?  So, if that's the way you feel, piss off!!

Hey Superspud,

thanks for backing me up on that one!!
CCS MW AM #133
2009 Sponsors: AGVSport, Suomy, Vortex, Amsoil, Buell of Appleton, Metro Motorcycle, The Locker Room Sports Pub

Spooner

I think he was kidding...

Anyways, yeah tech usually has all the sticker.  If you are in the GP region I will be at tech so feel free to ask any questions you have!
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

ecumike

Dude.. put that shit on your bike.   My first race as an AM I said, 'Nahhh, I don't need any of these stickers', and I didn't fill out the tech form... well.. I won the race.

PJ

Quote from: ecumike on June 21, 2007, 07:50:21 PMDude.. put that shit on your bike.   My first race as an AM I said, 'Nahhh, I don't need any of these stickers', and I didn't fill out the tech form... well.. I won the race.

+1. There was an Am racer at Blackhawk for his first race during the June weekend, and he finished in the money for Buell contingency in Thunderbike. Unfortunately, he didn't fill out the contingency form at tech. He was going to see if Buell would cover him anyway (and I think they will).

Point is, he didn't think he'd be up that far in the order, so he didn't bother. Well, you never know...so sticker up, fill out the forms and go for it.

BTW: I'm sure Jeremy was just messin' with ya. Lighten up a bit. This is supposed to be fun!
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

schmitty

Yeah, I hope he's joking around.  Long day, you know how it goes.  It comes from having to snap back at some people on other boards.  It's all good though!!  But seriously, if I can have a shot at some $$'s I'm there!!

Schmitty
CCS MW AM #133

Eric Kelcher

Well here are the  5 simple, really they are simple, steps to contingency.

1. Use the product
2. put the stickers on the bike
3. run the paying class for the product and finish in paying position with min field requirements met
4 verify product usage at tech and have contingency tech form signed off
5 simplist part put highly overlooked list product/vendor as a sponsor this is how they get recognition for their product by other riders/spectators knowing you use porduct A.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

superspud

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on June 21, 2007, 10:54:56 PM
Well here are the  5 simple, really they are simple, steps to contingency.

1. Use the product
2. put the stickers on the bike
3. run the paying class for the product and finish in paying position with min field requirements met
4 verify product usage at tech and have contingency tech form signed off
5 simplist part put highly overlooked list product/vendor as a sponsor this is how they get recognition for their product by other riders/spectators knowing you use porduct A.
Eric, I sent you an email the other day.  Please give me a status update when you get a chance.

One question, do you retain the sponsor sheets we fill out at the track and turn in before registration closes?
CCS MW Am #778

jgordon

BTW, of course I am kidding.  Welcome to the sport, make sure you bring you uptight ass by my pit for a beer after the races!