News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

no oil pressure

Started by steve p, June 16, 2007, 09:54:03 PM

steve p

2006 gsxr750.  Had a low side then when the bike hit the grass it shot to the moon.  Thought everything was cosmetic untill I started it up and
the red oil light won't go out.  I looked through the sight glass and the
oil doesn't drop when started up.  I thought the oil pump shaft broke so
I pulled the pan and everything was fine.  Shaft was good chain and sprockets on both ends looked good.  Now I am confused?  HELP.
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

dylanfan53

On older bikes this could simply mean the oil pump lost its prime.  I'd try loosening the filter and cranking the engine a few times to let air escape.  If the engine ran without oil in the sump the oil pump may be trying to pump air.  Loosening the filter will allow oil to reenter the pump and lines.  Get a few rags ready and think good thoughts...     
Don Cook
CCS #53

steve p

Who would of thought after the hours and hours I had put into finding the problem that I could have fixed it in 30 sec. if my brain was just a
little larger.  Thank you.  Problem fixed.

Steve Palella
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille

dylanfan53

Every once in a while I've gotta throw out something useful to make up for my wisecracks.  Glad it worked out.  :cheers:
Don Cook
CCS #53

Jeff

Did you mash the oil pressure sensor?  I did that on my 600rr a few years back...  crashed, fired up for the next race and had the light on.  It made it past the first lap so I kept going! LOL...
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

steve p

oil pressure sensor all good.  One of the first things I checked before I started tearing into the motor.  Taking off the radiator, exhaust, oil pan
etc. cursing the wreched bike the entire time.  You should of heard me after Following the advice of Dylanfan53 and fixed it in like 30 sec.  :banghead:
Steve Palella
MW #32
2002 Aprilia RSVR Mille