News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New BHF pictures

Started by motomadness, February 10, 2003, 09:10:39 AM

motomadness

Does anyone have any recent pictures of the track?  Is it done yet?  Has the snow created any bad spots on the track?  How does the infield look now?

Protein Filled

I went by there on my way to the banquet and did a lap in my truck. It's looking real nice. It seems like the surface may be a few feet wider on a few spots.

It's still not quite finished, but they were doing a ton of work redoing the turn 5 runoff. The carousel is going to be more fun too since you can now get out wide if you need to.

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

motomadness

the_weggie_man

The track surface is done. They are now working on all the surrounding areas, filling in outside of turns 1,5,6 and 7. A ton of work left in turn 5 but it will be worth it.

Track dimensions have not changed except where the new pit entrance is.  The even black color of the new surface is a bit deceiving and may make the track look wider in some areas.

The snow has not hurt the track at all and won't even if we have a big storm. It's the salt and traffic on the roads that hurt a road surface, not snow alone.

The infield needs to be melted and rolled out yet. That will happen when we get warmer weather. It should be done before the first event.