ONE DAY EVENTS

Started by roadracer68, April 10, 2002, 08:51:16 AM

roadracer68

OK,

I want to hear your views on the one day race schedual used at north florida last weekend.

7 rounds of practice on sat. then one on sunday with 19 races ran flawless except one 125 rider forgot he was not on a dirt bike, (miguel is ok by the way);.

Me and aa friend were discussing why Henry runs the races this way , but I said if enough riders spoke henry would listen. Henry States he does it this way because the majority of riders asked it be this way. well let's hear from ather riders !    

bfkidd

roadracer68

be nice Chucky or I will post your personal info on a gay site.  :P :o ;D

Eric Kelcher

Well in the Soutn Central all of our sprints are on Sunday. Sat runs Endurance for mini (YSR and upto 85cc 2 strokes) and big bikes with GTs sprinkled when there is a short race and only one endurance type that weekend.

We get 21 races in on Sunday and I think we run about the same miles for our sprints (aprox 14.5-17.5 miles depending on track) as other regions but it means the racing does not end until 5:30 ish
See this LINK for examples of our race schedules.
Practice is broken down into Sat practice for Sat races and Sunday practice for Sunday races. So if there is not your "type" of bike racing on Sat, then there will not be practice for you. IE 6HR mini endurance race will not have "big bike" practice or vice versa.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Zanyeights

Willow Springs Motorcycle club runs theirs that way.  I dig it.  I kinda wish CCS did it that way as this year I am not running any GT races so all mine are on Sunday.  Practice days you get so much track time with so little pressure to get all the setup done in one or two rounds.  My $.02 worth.

TrophyGal

Just curious ... at the one-day events, do you get any practice on race day at all?

roadracer68

YES, usually only 1 20 min session in morning !

Christenberry18

I would be for an all day practice on Saturday and race on Sunday (with a short sunday a.m. practice).  Many people miss the opportunity to practice all day friday because of work and traveling.  

TrophyGal

Somebody ought to start a poll on this topic!  I wonder how many more of you would favor one-day events across the country?