RRW trashed the Tul-Aris?

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, February 08, 2003, 07:10:32 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

From what I read in the new RRW, one of their editors dumped the Tularis pretty good. A clipon snapped on him doing about 100 and the brake lever hit the fairing and locked teh front wheel up. ANy other news?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

r1owner

Yeah, that sounded bad.  I would feel terrible wrecking a one off like that.

Did you also read the article on John Hopkins?  Sounds like Malladin was being a total jerkoff to him.  I know I am only reading one side of the story, but damn.  Mat needs to lighten up a bit.  ::)

R6Chris760

Mat is just pissed he didn't get the ride in MotoGP so he's a jerk b/c he doesn't think some young punk should get the ride.

the_weggie_man

Matt had his chance ... blew it and is PO'd because they wouldn't give him another shot.  Sorry, time for new young talent.

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteDid you also read the article on John Hopkins?  Sounds like Malladin was being a total jerkoff to him.  I know I am only reading one side of the story, but damn.  Mat needs to lighten up a bit.  ::)

Nope didnt read that yet. Just read teh Tularis article since I was heading out to get some e track for the trailer.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

OlDirtyBrian

I've read two or three articles where Maladin has been an asshole to people. Must just be his personality.

Baltobuell

I don't know much about the Tularis except what was in Cycleworld a while back. If it were ever produced what class would it run. Super duper scary unlimited? It really did look like the pinnacle in every aspect.

sdiver68

QuoteYeah, that sounded bad.  I would feel terrible wrecking a one off like that.
 ::)

Well, since it was the bar that snapped that caused the wreck, I'd feel worse being the owner and having it fall apart with a rider on board.  Not much a rider can do when the machine distintegrates underneath him :O
MCRA Race School Instructor

r1owner

QuoteWell, since it was the bar that snapped that caused the wreck, I'd feel worse being the owner and having it fall apart with a rider on board.  Not much a rider can do when the machine distintegrates underneath him :O

I concur.

I saw it run at Blackhawk last year.  That thing is very cool looking.

R6Chris760

That thing is supposed to have the track record at Blackhawk 1:11.8 I think, I believe RRW had an article about it sometime.

Protein Filled

The bar snapped because the bike had been dropped in the pits earlier in the day and they did not notice that it had been weakened. I don't think the bike was totalled and this is the 3rd time the bike has been crashed, so I assume Dr. Tululie must be getting used to it. I think that if someone totalled it he may be OK with it since it would give him an excuse to build something new.

Steve Johnson rode it at BHF and did the 11.  Not bad considering how bumpy the track was at the time.
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteSteve Johnson rode it at BHF and did the 11.  Not bad considering how bumpy the track was at the time.

"Not bad," says Edgar, as he secretly hopes that the fresh pavement at Blackhawk will finally allow him to dip below 1:20 for the first time...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com