News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New MARRC member

Started by Dr. Evil, May 17, 2007, 08:19:21 AM

Kuala76

Hey! I thought we had already established that there's no drama in MARRC  ::) !! I don't think any one should ever, under any circumstance, be knocked for doing something that is in their best interest for themselves.  You have dedicated so much to MARRC and I, for one, appreciate all you did!  Unfortunately, I think it is undeniable that we lost something REALLY GOOD when we "lost" you to the Shenny.  Everything you did for the cafe took time and planning way beyond the race weekends themselves.  It took a committment that is (obviously) very hard to come by.  I can understand why you couldn't rely on the casual passer by coming through and offering to cook.  As I said, we suffered a loss, and unfortunately some people will say and do some hurtful things when suffering from a loss...  This isn't the first time I have heard or experienced things being said/done that weren't quite accurate nor seemed reasonable, I'd like to chalk it up to people's different interpretations of certain things and would like to believe that there is no malicious intent behind the actions.  

Just my .02 for what it's worth

~Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

Simon

I hate drama......I also miss Emerwill's cooking.
Chez Summit is not bad at all, but it's not a patch on Will's cooking.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

I agree Simon,  Chez Summit isn't bad but you get the same thing over and over again.  Will was good at mixing it up and I honestly never had a problem finding something good to eat or there not being enough.  Always stuff to take home afterwards as well it seemed. 

We do miss you Will, make no bones about that.

EmerWil

oops..wasn't trying to hijack the thread...

so what plans does MARRC have to recruit new members?  Anything going on?

Im kinda outa the loop as of late...smirk

TheHiriser

Word of mouth in my opinion.  I tell everyone I get a chance to.  Anyone that will listen for like an hour that is.  I talk about it too much sometimes. :blahblah:  Bike shows as always and last but certainly not least, The Kobayashi's. :thumb: 

Simon

I think the publicity chairman is working on some flyers and schedules. We also have those neat business cards to hand out.
MARRC Cornerworker
CCS AM 48
Always in the gravel, one way or another!
www.marrc.org

TheHiriser

Totally thread jacking now but Simon do you know if we have ever tried handing out flyers at the main gate at all.  To everyone that comes in.  Maybe not racers but all other vehicles without bikes?  Spectators just might not have the balls to ask how to join our ranks.

EmerWil

it's the age old problem of 1) getting the word out and 2) most people don't want to make the commitment...

I've always said that we, as a club, need to do a better job at recruiting.  Bike shows, while effective, shouldn't be the only event we recruit at.  Plus we don't really have a solid 'image' that we can project to people.

Other problem is trying to recruit spectators is hit and miss. Most of them are there to party and they don't want to give up their 'party time'.

maybe we should start a new thread about recruiting and retention...