Running from cops?

Started by dicatirider944, May 13, 2007, 04:10:58 PM

OmniGLH

#1 rule when running:  Only do it when you KNOW WHERE YOU ARE.

Otherwise you get a "Fleeing and attempting to elude" ticket.  Just ask DanO.  ;)

Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

cleezmo

I don't understand how anyone would choose to run. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. The majority of the time it's the squids who fall into the murky category of "I Think I'm Faster Than I Really Am". If you're going to speed (and we all do), man up and deal with it if you get caught. Like several others have said, pulling over and showing respect go a long way. My dad told me a long time ago, there is no bike made that's faster than a radio...

Part of my dislike / lack of respect for runners is the same as my feelings about stunters: they give the rest of us a bad reputation. I can't tell you how many times I've met non-riders, and immediately after learning that I ride/race I get the questions or stories about seeing guys weaving in traffic, stunting down major interstates, nearly getting clipped by guys buzzing past at 100+, etc. Explaining that I always ride in full gear, that I generally do 70-75 on the Interstate, etc. seems to do little to their "you guys are crazy" perception.

We need all the positive PR we can get, these guys/gals who run aren't helping the cause.

tigerblade

Quote from: funsizeracing on May 24, 2007, 11:18:47 AM

A friend who rode with us tried to run and paid with his life. 

When was that?  
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

tigerblade

Quote from: cleezmo on May 24, 2007, 05:31:46 PM
I don't understand how anyone would choose to run. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. The majority of the time it's the squids who fall into the murky category of "I Think I'm Faster Than I Really Am". If you're going to speed (and we all do), man up and deal with it if you get caught. Like several others have said, pulling over and showing respect go a long way. My dad told me a long time ago, there is no bike made that's faster than a radio...

Part of my dislike / lack of respect for runners is the same as my feelings about stunters: they give the rest of us a bad reputation. I can't tell you how many times I've met non-riders, and immediately after learning that I ride/race I get the questions or stories about seeing guys weaving in traffic, stunting down major interstates, nearly getting clipped by guys buzzing past at 100+, etc. Explaining that I always ride in full gear, that I generally do 70-75 on the Interstate, etc. seems to do little to their "you guys are crazy" perception.

We need all the positive PR we can get, these guys/gals who run aren't helping the cause.

Exactly.  People hate the stereotype sportbikes have, but it's not hard to see where that stereotype comes from.  I see way too many bikers acting like morons and I want to slap the snot out of them.  I can imagine what it's like when you're just part of the general populace, seeing some of those idiots.
Younger Oil Racing

funsizeracing

Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Court Jester

Quote from: tigerblade on May 24, 2007, 05:34:07 PM
Exactly.  People hate the stereotype sportbikes have, but it's not hard to see where that stereotype comes from.  I see way too many bikers acting like morons and I want to slap the snot out of them.  I can imagine what it's like when you're just part of the general populace, seeing some of those idiots.

yeah. Sorry about that. I'll try to do better in the future.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

tigerblade

Quote from: Court Jester on May 29, 2007, 10:34:08 AM
I'll try to do better in the future.

That's all I ask.     :biggrin:
Younger Oil Racing