bent wheel...

Started by Court Jester, April 30, 2007, 05:12:20 PM

Court Jester

I found out one of my spare wheels is bent. After changing tires I ended up having to pull off in the first race cause it was so bad.
Anyone know of a reputable place that can straighten it???
And how well does a wheel hold up after having to be straightened???
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

GSKirk

Do a search on Google/Yahoo, i found several shops last year when i was looking.  I never had one repaired but i'm told it's like OEM, no problems.

K

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

APP_Racing

Rob from Lithium once told me he had someone from Kansas City that did straighten work.  But I don't recall the name.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Jeff on May 01, 2007, 09:54:40 AM
www.framestraightsystem.com

+1

Had a PM wheel straightend there, good work.

catman

DAYM where were you guys when i bought a busted up wheels bent Gem of an sv? I used a local well known shop  paid and then sold the wheel at some loss- bought a oem straight one and never wondered again.. I wish I  :whine: had a line to the good help early on -had to stop by here first, I guess.........

Jason748

Quote from: Jeff on May 01, 2007, 09:54:40 AM
www.framestraightsystem.com

+2

Have had more than a few wheels done...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Jeff

Cat, don't feel bad.  much of the time you can buy a used straight wheel for the price of having a bent one repaired.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

bambam

i have used will's rim repair in south carolina several times. each time i have been very happy with the results and his prices are awesome. give them a call 864-787-1351

HAWK

+1 on Wills in SC.

He straightened a bent spare for me last year and I promptly proceeded to bend it again in a crash and he straightened it again and it rides perfectly. Does a nice job, very reasonable prices, quick turnaround  and a really nice guy to deal with.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Matrix

Another option..........

http://www.woodyswheelworks.com/index.shtml

They do great wire wheel work and offer straightening in their service list  Haven't tried them for straightening, but their other services are great.