SV Pilot Jets?

Started by proechel539, April 28, 2007, 04:01:17 AM

proechel539

Wich pilot jets do you order? I want to put 17.5 pilot jets in my SV but the dealer sent me the wrong parts. A part # would help a whole lot. Thanks
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

dylanfan53

Don Cook
CCS #53

proechel539

no 15 is stock, the chart did not help but thanks for trying. I'm going to the dealer in the am to get it straight.
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net

SV88

I'm running a stock 2000 SV with a Jardine race pipe.  At HTP, I ran a DMC stock filter and found after dynoing it that I was at least two jet sizes too rich and only getting 66 Hp.  I think that I'm running a 152.  Since then I found out that the DMC is not SS legal because it doesn't have the snorkel (Dan J. found out the hard way).  Since I'll be returning to the stock filter what jetting should I use - would the base 137.5 be too lean given the less restrictive exhaust?  I've also raised the gas tank in order to get more direct cool air flow...

Steve.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: SV88 on April 30, 2007, 09:13:51 PM
....I think that I'm running a 152....

Glad to meet you and help read the jet sizes at HPT this weekend!  :thumb:

(I was the guy pitted with Mike Jordan)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EX_#76

I'm running a stock 2000 SV with a Jardine race pipe.  At HTP, I ran a DMC stock filter and found after dynoing it that I was at least two jet sizes too rich and only getting 66 Hp.  I think that I'm running a 152.  Since then I found out that the DMC is not SS legal because it doesn't have the snorkel (Dan J. found out the hard way).  Since I'll be returning to the stock filter what jetting should I use - would the base 137.5 be too lean given the less restrictive exhaust?  I've also raised the gas tank in order to get more direct cool air flow...

Steve.

Steve,
    Did you put your bike on the factory dyno used for FUSA?  If so, that is a good number for a SS SV.  The factory dyno reports HP about 12% low.  On a dyno jet you would see about 74 SAE.  74 is a strong first gen HP number on a SS legal bike.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

racer911

Steve.

if you're referring to a BMC filter, if you're running the one with the completely open top, then no, it's not ss legal, AFAIK.  there is a BMC that does not have a snorkel, but maintains the same diameter inlet as stock, which is legal.
Bobby
#910 EX

EX_#76

Quote from: racer911 on May 01, 2007, 12:28:48 PM
if you're referring to a BMC filter, if you're running the one with the completely open top, then no, it's not ss legal, AFAIK.  there is a BMC that does not have a snorkel, but maintains the same diameter inlet as stock, which is legal.
+ 1, The SS rules state that an aftermarket air filters can be used but must have the same number and size openings as the OEM air filter.  The rules dont say anything about a snorkel.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

SV88

Thanks for clearing up the snorkel question however Larry DQ'ed Dan Jansa this weekend for running a snorkeless filter...My DMC has a smaller than stock opening but clearly flows a lot better - no snorkel.  Another issue is whether front gas tank spacers are legal - I'm told that a few people last year were DQ'ed for that also.

Guy:  the dyno reading on the Factory Dyno was actually 57 hp with over 8% CO2 which indicates a very rich condition.  I increased the reading by 15% to 66 hp.  This motor got 68-70-72 hp last summer on Valley racing's dyno and 52 on 4 and 6st racing.  It's clearly low but not surprising on a bike with 34K miles.  I'll fix the jetting issues and re-dyno - expected to get close to 70 hp.

I do have a spare set of carbs set up to run with a DMC which I may run in SS.  The stock carbs would be jetted up to work with a K&N race filter.  It does mean switching airboxes and carbs between races.

Steve.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881