help

Started by roadracekid, March 25, 2007, 12:04:53 AM

roadracekid

I have a 92 f2.  When i put it away last year it was running great put seafoam in it and everything. Got it back out of the shed and went to start it and it wouldnt run.  I pulled the carbs of cleaned the jets.  and still no go.  It will turn over but just wont go.  Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks Heath

251am

check 3 things first; gas, spark, air. Check airbox for a mouse nest yet?

Super Dave

Hey, Heath, you might want to check the battery voltage.  The starter might turn over the engine, but it might not have enough power to run the ignition. 
Super Dave

roadracekid

i have spark gas and air i have had just about everything apart by the airbox, carbs and plugs.  i also trained the old gas that was left in the tank from last year and put fresh in.  thanks for all your help so far

Super Dave

Check the battery voltage.  Spark outside grounded on something compared to spark under compression are completely different.  It's worth a try, Heath.
Super Dave

EM JAY

Tell that OLD man of yours to help your monkey ass out!  LOL!!!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

roadracekid

thanks for all of your guys help i put a new battery in and a new set of plugs and the bike fired right up so thanks everybody

Heath

Woofentino Pugrossi

BTW when you put it away next winter DONT USE SEAFOAM!!!! Only thing worse than that crap is Stabil. Just fill the tank with gas, reomve the battery and its set. Its not like we get winters that last more than 6 months here.:biggrin:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

catman

Sounds like  the SUPER one wins again!

Super Dave

Catman...and avatar that doesn't scare me...LOL!
Super Dave

catman

TURNIN over a new leaf there,monsieur L'homme.de supeeerior ...  K3 depantsed me on his site ( said i was no super  hero !), I like this picture of the superhero that he said i wasnt :err:,when he posted up a pic of the actual "me" at DAYTONA ! Sure helped up  my  :ass:spites here i figure, so all in all it was a big positive ! Got a little notice,smites are good-just ask jeff!  :lmao: :lmao::cheers: BIG  :spank: to your competition this year ! John in NJ

Gixxerblade

Have you ever thought of using preservation oil in your tank Dave? Thats what we use to preserve fuel controls in jet engines at work.