News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Question about points earned

Started by lokisdog, February 03, 2003, 09:37:02 PM

lokisdog

If I understand correctly, the Streets race this last weekend was a double points meet. Does this mean that for every race I finished I got double the regular points?

I got a 10th, a 13th, an 11th place, 119 points total, for a doubled up total of 238 points. Is this right?

The reason I ask is this puts me almost 1/2 the way to the required 500 points for Expert status, but it was my very first race weekend and I'm nowhere near ready to be called an "expert" racer much less be on the track with those guys.

So how does it work?

Thanks

- Eric Arnold
Pacific Region AM #235

spyderchick

Eric, congrats on a fine first weekend

Yes, you earned double points for the weekend, and you will have 500 points fairly quickly if you continue to race every weekend.

Double points were put into place as an incentive to attend both the first and last event in each region. You will not be automatically bumped to expert once you reach 500 points. Instead, those points will be valuable towards your placement in the over all championship for your region as well as your track championship.

At the end of the year, you will have reached the 500 point minimum for becoming an expert. The good thing is, if you'd like to remain amatuer for an additional year, you can petition CCS to allow you to remain at the current status provided you did not earn a championship or an over all win (beating both amatuers and experts.)

Each case is handled on an individual basis. Why stay amatuer for another year? If you're getting good, this would be your opportunity to get that championship before having to compete as an expert.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Litespeed

In case you hadn't noticed, you are on the track with the experts in almost every race.  The only difference is that they get a 3 turn head start and easily lap you before the end.

sdiver68

Congrats on a great first weekend.  Don't worry, at that rate you'll be on the podium soon and bumped to Expert next year....

What Spyderchick said is true, except they won't always accept your petitions even if you don't have a championship or win an overall race.
MCRA Race School Instructor

simonF4

I had to leave the track before my race results were posted - do CCS post them online?

EX#996

QuoteI had to leave the track before my race results were posted - do CCS post them online?

Yes - eventually.

Go to www.ccsracing.com and then click on the link that says "Results/Points"

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton