News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

removel of caliper spring clips ?

Started by mx558, February 28, 2007, 10:29:46 AM

mx558

can you remove the caliper spring clips to free up the front wheel spin  and what about the backing plates between the pads and pistons 06 750 thanks

JBraun

GSXR brakes are bad enough, don't touch them.

The springs are just to hold tension on the pin so the pads stay put when changing wheels. They shouldn't make a difference.

The buffer plates are designed to put something between the backing plate and the piston so the heat doesn't transfer to the fluid in the caliper. If you remove them, your brakes will fade even faster (if that's possible)

If your brakes are dragging excessively, you have a different problem.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

steeltoe

I removed the spring plates on my 02 750 because that tiny screw was a pain to keep up with.  No ill effects on that one.  The 06 clips don't have the crappy screw so I don't mess with them.  Figured the backing plates were for heat so I left em alone.  I read somewhere on the interwebs the spring plates were for limiting dust but thats prolly another interwebs rumour.

mx558

yeah they don't drag to bad just heard some stuff on internet, you know how that goes, thanks guys

Kelly Ruby

i tried it and all it did was make it a huge PITA to change the wheel.  i put them back on.
CCS AM #522