your thoughts???

Started by Court Jester, February 26, 2007, 11:25:28 AM

Court Jester

with the help of a few friends, i'm in the process of putting together a new forum. www.superbikesunlimited.com. kind of a one stop for everything kind of place.
i know we will be changing the picture for the front page, but go to it and check it out and give me your thoughts. what i would like more than anything is just how it's set up and all that jazz. what else would you like to see??? what should we get ride of??? just a quick off the top of your head thought of the place.
please don't sign up yet because with the changes we will be making, we'll probably lose whatever you put up.
thanks.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Court Jester

oh... and we are banking back all of the $$$ from sponsors and not making a dime on this for ourself. the goal is to be able to put on free track days to members and give away a lot of free stuff as time goes on. we're just having fun with this thing. it's not a money making thing by any means. combine that with being able to have everything no matter what you ride in one spot. we have some high hopes.
CCS# 469

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

boo181

looks pretty good to me. best of luck with it, sounds like an awesome idea

catman

Like it whenever tracktime can become a freebie- good luck CJ,and gtnbldr - gonna hope to have time for so many forums- but realise theres always more to learn and the more info the better!

kylbie

looks good so far man, best of luck getting everything sorted out jester

Court Jester

thank you.
we have a lot of little changes to make. but if you guys see anything that would be best to change then feel free to chime in.
we're going to change the picure on the front page and get that a bit more organized, add some sponsor links, and fiddle with the structure a bit.
but any ideas would be a huge help.
thanks
CCS# 469

P_M

A couple of thoughts.. if you're gonna have brand specific 'rooms' then you should at least give the major european rides their own topics (BMW, Ducati etc.) and you could include Buell in there as well (even though they don't really qualify as a 'superbike' for racing, they are a lot of fun and it would be inclusive of all major brands).  Also, you may want a 'services' section, for folks like Alexa and yes, even me to put up info so folks can see what's available to them, and perhaps a thread for people seeking help with something, say suspension help in a certain geographical area?   
Ok, so I'm faster with my camera then you are with your bike..

Black Cowboy Hats - Keep the sun off my neck.
Nikon (because I use the best)
RnR Cycles - Great folks, great service
Team Pro-Motion - Just for the fun of it..
Photographing the Racing because I love the Sport and you folks ROCK!

catman

Sounds like a lot of good additions but daym i would think its a very big job to cover all that, being the moderate ability computor user that i am- lotsa good ideas especially the geographic suspension grouping because familiarity of local tracks seems to be a key ingredient in setup! A newbie? :err: