News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

This looks like it's going to be fun...Wild Hogs

Started by tshort, February 21, 2007, 03:44:58 PM

tshort

John Travolta? William H Macey? In a biker movie?  Check out the trailer here: wildhogs.movies.go.com

Looks like fun...March 2.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

spyderchick

Could be funny, or really really stupid. I hope it's funny, we need a good comedy.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

EX_#76

Tom,
   I remember way back when would you post about racing.  LOL

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

tshort

Hey Guy - is that like me remembering way back when you used to "dream" about racing??  :biggrin:  See? Things change (cuz now you da man with the white plates).

I wish I was still in it - I've got Infineon about 25 minutes away from home here.  After that, though, the tracks are bit farther away, like Thunderhill and Willow Springs, and maybe Las Vegas.  AFM races at these, but if I just wanted to race at my local track I'd only get around four weekends a year in, and the SV is only good for about two or at a big stretch, three classes per weekend. 

On the other hand, I picked up a KLR and I'm commuting over the Golden Gate bridge almost daily on it, and have a 350 mile weekend desert ride scheduled for early March through Death Valley.  Should be interesting.  They are really into enduro riding and racing here, so I'm going to see how this desert run goes, and if my body tells me it's ok, may look at getting into it more seriously.  Definitely missing the holeshots and all the other crazy stuff that went on during those races, tho, that's for sure.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

EX_#76

Quote from: tshort on February 22, 2007, 12:21:25 PM
Hey Guy - is that like me remembering way back when you used to "dream" about racing??  :biggrin:  See? Things change (cuz now you da man with the white plates).

I wish I was still in it - I've got Infineon about 25 minutes away from home here.  After that, though, the tracks are bit farther away, like Thunderhill and Willow Springs, and maybe Las Vegas.  AFM races at these, but if I just wanted to race at my local track I'd only get around four weekends a year in, and the SV is only good for about two or at a big stretch, three classes per weekend. 

On the other hand, I picked up a KLR and I'm commuting over the Golden Gate bridge almost daily on it, and have a 350 mile weekend desert ride scheduled for early March through Death Valley.  Should be interesting.  They are really into enduro riding and racing here, so I'm going to see how this desert run goes, and if my body tells me it's ok, may look at getting into it more seriously.  Definitely missing the holeshots and all the other crazy stuff that went on during those races, tho, that's for sure.

Have fun doing the enduro thing, it sounds like fun.  I have never enduroed, did alotta MXen though.  I am wise enough to realize that my body (Knees in particular) would not take the pounding of motocross,  Hell, that stuff hurt when I was 16.  What sactioning body runs Infineon?
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

tshort

Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

tshort

My review - 0 stars. Two thumbs down.  :finger: :jerkoff: :ass: :banghead: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:preachon:

I guess I was naive to think that this movie would actually be amusing.  Travolta and Macey turned in surprisingly terrible performances.  The other two I can understand, but I've always considered those guys to be solid actors, which is largely why I thought this flick would be a no-brainer.

I could not have been more wrong.  It was as if they were both mugging around between takes on a real film project they were working on - Travolta trying to give an "evil eye" was embarrassing.  Even a real-life version of the character he was lamely trying to play would have done it better than he managed to do.

Add to that the ludicrous crash sequences involving Macey flying off his bike multiple times, emerging without a scratch.  Gee, isn't that funny - bikers *bounce*! And so do their rides. Puhhhlleeeez.  I'm a biker – I don't need the non-riding world to feel like we're any less vulnerable out there than we already are.    Too bad boys – you turned in a real dog.
:ahhh:

:preachon:  OFF
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128