News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Coolant - Traveling from Cold to Hot Weather

Started by TonyC, February 16, 2007, 09:51:23 AM

TonyC

I live in NY and will be driving to Daytona.  The weather has been in the mid-teens lately.

What is the best way to handle the coolant situation?  Should I put antifreeze now and then change to water when I get to Daytona?

Or is there something else that can be done?
CCS AM # 223

CWALSH

if you cannot guarantee that your bike will remain in an environment above freezing, keep the coolant in until you get your pit set up and are settled in at Daytona. Just make it part of your pre-tech check list and forget the worry. good luck!

catman

Tony C  pm me -May pick up the hooters "02" bike  there and may need transportation      Got Room? will pay if deal happens! John in NJ

TonyC

Quote from: CATMAN on February 16, 2007, 10:43:32 AM
Tony C  pm me -May pick up the hooters "02" bike  there and may need transportation      Got Room? will pay if deal happens! John in NJ

Will PM you now.  This post will be #15.  Now I'm part of the team.
CCS AM # 223

Super Dave

I like to use RV anti freeze, which is a propylene glycol mix, in my cooling system.  You can race CCS with it too.  Might cost $5 a gallon.  Says it's not for cooling systems, but it does work fine.  Probably wouldn't use it in my wife's car.
Super Dave

catman

Glad to help tonyC- nice perfect offer from you! w'ell see if theres a need -i,m forever a noob until i can beat the dr- could be awhile..............

GSXR RACER MIKE

I use Evens NPG, it's also Propylene Glycol, so you never have to worry about it freezing. Why don't you just drain the coolant all together and transport it dry? It certainly won't take long to fill it with some water when you arrive at Daytona, then just drain it before you go back home, that way you never have to mess with anti-freeze.

And why do you have 'naughty' anti-freeze in your racebike in the 1st place?  :wtf:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

PJ721

Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

TonyC

CCS AM # 223