CCS possible first day race HOW TO?

Started by prov431, April 04, 2002, 10:45:00 PM

prov431

Hello all. I am at the point finally where I want to get my competition license. I will be taking Cornerspeed's school at VIR on April 12th, with hopes of racing CCS Sat. and Sun. This is the part where my confusion begins. I have printed out the normal CCS license paperwork that you mail in, but I want to know how it is handled at the track for people that want the 'on the spot ok to race' option.???  Any help greatly appreciated.

Josef Bittner

You need to complete the school on sat.  Once you have your diploma, you can register for the sun. races on sun. morning.  You won't be able to race on sat. because you won't have your diploma until sat. afternoon.  That's how it worked for me.

Joe
Midwest CCS #918

prov431

Actually, the Cornerspeed school is on Friday, April 12th...so assuming all goes well, I will have the proper school credentials for Saturdays race.
So, do I simply take this to registration on Saturday..pay my dues and fees, tech and go?

unoigo

Since the school is on Friday, you will be able to race on Sat. As long as you pass the school. My advice would be to get up as early as possible on Sat so you can be the first one at registration. Go ahead and download the license and registration forms from the CCS website so you will have them. Have them filled out and a check ready so all you have to do is hand it to them, get your comp. number then tech. The Cornerspeed School is great and Aaron is an excellent instructor. Just listen to what they have to stay and try to stay on 2 wheels. You will do fine. Hope this helps!

prov431

Sweet. That sounds like a plan to me. Hopefully everything will go well and I will feel confident enough in my abilities to go ahead and get the license.
See y'all at the track.

Litespeed

Just ride within your abilities and the school/racing will be a piece of cake.  I did my CCS school and first races in March and it was very easy.  Just remember you don't win anything for being the fastest in the class and you most likely won't win your races either, so set realistic goals and have fun.