News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Noob question

Started by nvill003, December 31, 2006, 02:44:52 PM

nvill003

thanks for all of the info super dave :cheers:, guess ill have to take a roadtrip to chicago  :biggrin:. i was reading about the Frank Kinsey school, i think ill try that if not ill have to wait till jennings during june. well happy new years to everyone and thanks for the help

Super Dave

As above, Ed Bargy puts on good stuff too.

Hope it all goes well.  Make sure you have fun!
Super Dave

nvill003

will do, thanks. any recomendations on any affordable leathers or boots? i was looking around and i found some cheap ones on starcycle (tecknic CHICANE LEATHERS and sgv sports the DIABLO Leather 2PC Suit). well thankls for any info

JBraun

Call Lithium Motorsports. They have some great deals on leathers right now. Plus they know what they're talking about since they race in the stuff, unlike your average shop.
Call them at (712) 546-7747
Also check the commercial classifieds on this board, they are blowing out some stuff on ebay.

And don't buy cheap leathers/boots/helmet.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Cheap leathers are that.  Unless you can find a used set of good leathers.  I might be selling my Vanson Leather rental fleet.  Those are great leathers.  Even after you go down on a set, they still have value and protection.

Boots.  Well, I've crashed in a lot of boots.  Never had any foot injuries racing.  There are boots that have protection for the flex at the ankle, and I like that idea.  I don't know if it is completely necessary.  Again, if you can find a used set, better yet.  Oxtar and Sidi seem pretty consistent.  Alpinestar seems to make a good looking set, but as a person always on a budget, I never had great longevity from them, or their gloves.
Super Dave

RCR_531

I will agree with JBraun, Lithium has great prices on gear and everything else.  1(800)894-7190 is their toll free number.

Getting started you could check out Sportbike Track Time trackdays at Homestead before you move north. Good luck and have fun :thumb:
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

catman

www.newenough.com,,  but BOB (big contributor here)at   www.Lithiummotorsports.com  has a great deal with $399 suits and sportbiketrackgear.com gets a big vote - If you keep checking  want/ads  gear for sale here,you may do well also depending on your time/needs - Your gonna love :boink: this stuff!Happy New Year!  :thumb:john in nj

dylanfan53

I don't know Bob, but Rob at Lithium has always taken good care of me.  :thumb:
Don Cook
CCS #53

Jason748

Yep, I'll recommend Lithium too.  Rob (and everyone else there) have always take great care of me.  Best bang for the buck is the MotoGP suit.

The Vanson suits are great suits as well. I've "tested" more than one set in the past.

For boots Sidi's are my personal preference.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

Gixxerblade

One thing you DON'T want to go cheap on is your safety gear. You live a lot longer to enjoy this sport. Get the best helmet money can buy, good leathers, boots, and gloves and you should be fine for your off track excursions. Trust me, you don't want to be crashing wearing cheap stuff. Stay away from Starcycle, their prices are too high. Goto www.sportbiketrackgear.com, www.1888fastlap.com, or www.indysuperbikes.com for all your racing needs.

nvill003

sweet thanks for all the great info u guys, i really apriciate it and look into all of it. I alrady got a helmet the other day an hjc and some used gloves from my neigbour, now just need the leather and the boots :cheers: and happy new years!

jgalt187

CCS has a race at Homestead Feb. 10th-11th. Come hang out and talk to the racers, and you will learn alot. My teammate and I will be there. CCS 187 (ME) and CCS 521. I used to race MX too. I miss being able to race on a sane amount of money. Say good buy to your wallet.
Screwface Racing
CCS 187
Sponsors:
www.racinglinez.com
www.sportbikedeacls.com
Q Ball Customs