Democrats Rule! (and Bush still sux) [POLL]

Started by tshort, November 08, 2006, 05:31:59 PM

How do you feel about the results of yesterday's elections?

Ecstatic - and about time
10 (33.3%)
OK - I don't care that much
3 (10%)
Bummed - doesn't look good for GOP
16 (53.3%)
Election?
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

tshort

Glad to see you are so willing to rise up to such a lofty level of intellectual debate.

(And why in hell has no one smited this dude?).
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

loc_dogg

LOL  :Lao:  :Lao: Aww!! I refuse to debate ignorance and unwillingness to look at both sides without out prejudice!  :ass: I just like ruffling you feathers, because I know you are lost and may never see the light! And I love to piss off narrow minded Dems!  :biggrin: Don't get mad, I'm just a Republican Veteran w no education or insight of the world!  :Lao:  :Lao:

JBraun

tshort, You're still fighting this fight?
Look at your poll, people here don't agree with you.
QuoteKerry didn't mean what you're implying
What Kerry said was wrong, and he meant it exactly how it sounded. The only thing more appalling was that he tried to make an excuse for it. I think it would have been more effective to own it, apologize to our soldiers, and move on.
Quoteit's just the AK-47's, Uzis, Glocks, etc I have a problem with.)
What's the difference? an AK-47 is a semi-automatic rifle, very similar to the ones a lot of people hunt with. It looks nasty, but it's just a glorified deer rifle. I own a glock, it's not any different than any other handgun, oh and cops carry them too.
People who commit gun crimes don't give a shit whether or not the gun is illegal. Fully automatic weapons are illegal as hell, they're still all over the streets.
I can't believe I got sucked into this...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

tshort

Quote from: JBraun on November 15, 2006, 09:13:30 PM
tshort, You're still fighting this fight?
Look at your poll, people here don't agree with you.

No?  9 do.  (and 14 don't).  Not really lopsided, I'd say.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

tshort

Quote from: loc_dogg on November 15, 2006, 08:46:03 PM
LOL  :Lao:  :Lao: Aww!! I refuse to debate ignorance and unwillingness to look at both sides without out prejudice!  :ass: I just like ruffling you feathers, because I know you are lost and may never see the light! And I love to piss off narrow minded Dems!  :biggrin: Don't get mad, I'm just a Republican Veteran w no education or insight of the world!  :Lao:  :Lao:

Me too!   ::)  (On most of above...).  Just having fun - trouble is, I just don't know when to quit.  You neither, huh??  :thumb:

(This debate has done wonders for my smite count, though - on the rise, and loving it).  :thumb:
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

251am

Quote from: robsob on November 15, 2006, 07:39:38 PM
i think what you mean is our rights can (and will) be taken away but the constitution and bill of rights dont mention a drivers licence but do happen to mention gun ownership and voting... what  you mean is rights can be taken away such as felons, who lose their gun and voting rights but our rights (all of them) are a privelage!

Yes, and yes. The "right" to bear arms literally means we have the right to stand up against an oppressive government, if necessary. Folks convicted of felonies, committed for mental health reasons, etc., etc., have lost the "rights" to vote and/or legally own guns. It's some bizarre threading of the needle per the interpretations and how in the hell did we get here in this discussion?! CCW legislation?   

laohu69

Quote from: 251am on November 15, 2006, 06:29:14 AM
  Sorry dude, you are DEAD wrong. It is a PRIVELAGE, not a right. Just like voting  legal gun ownership can be taken away quite simply. You are the one getting carried away with interpretations!

Funny, I guess you are ignoring the part where the 2nd ammendment says (and I quote)"...SHALL NOT BE INFRIGED....."  www.dictionary.com
Feel free to look up the definition of any of those words you don't comprehend.

laohu69

Quote from: tshort on November 14, 2006, 11:32:41 PM
Ay yi yi.   :rollseyes:   Why don't you try reading what I posted.   And then think about what the difference is between all-or-nothing politics versus concensus building. I am doing everything I can to resist condescension and snide remarks, but you are testing me.

Actually, I am being condescending to you. It is hard to attempt a rational discussion with someone who obviously lacks an understanding of the topic. You are apparently trying to "build a concensus" to attempt to validate your erroneous opinion. A "concensus" has little, if anything, to do with the facts. The FACT is that according to the 2nd ammendment of the US Constitution I have the RIGHT to keep & bear arms and that this RIGHT shall NOT BE INFRINGED.
I fail to see why you anti gun people have such a hard time with reading comprehension. Since guns terrorize you so much then don't own one. Don't worry though, all of us men will still fight to protect you and your other RIGHTS that are guarenteed to you by the Constitution.

dylanfan53

Quote from: laohu69 on November 27, 2006, 12:08:13 PM
Don't worry though, all of us men will still fight to protect you and your other RIGHTS that are guarenteed to you by the Constitution.
More likely you'll shoot yourself in the foot. What're you gonna do, take up arms with a militia and fight the US Army?

Maybe you'd like to live all your life by all the same rules and culture that existed when the constitution was written?  But I suppose you just want to pick and choose those that you agree with.

If you can't provide an adequate defense today for owning a weapon without resorting to the constitution I question whether that part of the constitution is relevant any more.

BTW, I'm a hunter.  I own guns and kill poor defenseless creatures and eat them, but I don't buy the argument that just because it was appropriate 200 years ago to defend the right to own a gun means it's still valid.  Time's change and maybe it's not such a great idea to make guns accessible to the goofballs you see in the local gun store.

At the local sports store, the hunters are a minority.  My wife refuses to go near the place because of the Chicago and Gary gangbangers buying the latest semi autos to tuck in the pants.  They're not interested in the constitutional rights of anyone.

Rave on folks....

I can't believe I answered this post. Cut it out, Tom. It's like arguing politics at Thanksgiving dinner with my sister.  Someone always ends up pissed off.  :biggrin:
Don Cook
CCS #53

laohu69

Quote from: dylanfan53 on November 28, 2006, 01:10:46 AM
More likely you'll shoot yourself in the foot. What're you gonna do, take up arms with a militia and fight the US Army?

Maybe you'd like to live all your life by all the same rules and culture that existed when the constitution was written?  But I suppose you just want to pick and choose those that you agree with.

If you can't provide an adequate defense today for owning a weapon without resorting to the constitution I question whether that part of the constitution is relevant any more.

BTW, I'm a hunter.  I own guns and kill poor defenseless creatures and eat them, but I don't buy the argument that just because it was appropriate 200 years ago to defend the right to own a gun means it's still valid.  Time's change and maybe it's not such a great idea to make guns accessible to the goofballs you see in the local gun store.

At the local sports store, the hunters are a minority.  My wife refuses to go near the place because of the Chicago and Gary gangbangers buying the latest semi autos to tuck in the pants.  They're not interested in the constitutional rights of anyone.

Rave on folks....

I can't believe I answered this post. Cut it out, Tom. It's like arguing politics at Thanksgiving dinner with my sister.  Someone always ends up pissed off.  :biggrin:

Actually it is you and your ilk (liberals who are terrorized by guns) who are trying to "pick and choose" what parts of the Constitution you desire to adhere to.
Since you are obviously ignorant of the 2nd ammendment (try reading it and the rest of the Bill of Rights alomng with the Constitution sometime) I'll help you out a little (I'm always ready to help educate misinformed people). Hunting is in no way a right guarenteed. The specific weapons guarenteed by the 2nd ammendment are military weapons.
If you can't provide an adequate defemse for freedom of speech (or freedom of religion, or the right to assemble and protest, or voting rights, etc.) without resorting to the Constitution I question whether that part of the Constitution is relevant anymore. See that is just as stupid as when you said it.
It's a good thing that we had such wise and forward looking people writing the Constitution and Bill of Rights to protect us from small minded and ignorant people such as yourself who "don't buy" my RIGHTS because of your irrational fears.
BTW since you and your wife are so scared of going certain places because of "Chicago and Gary gangbangers" then stay home and hide behind a locked door, there are plenty of us (you know, soldiers, cops, etc.) protecting you and your kind as we always have throughout history.

dylanfan53

Aw man...you had to get rude and call me "small minded and ignorant".  Now you've gone and killed the conversation and just when I've been called a liberal for the first time in my life! 

:lmao: 
Don Cook
CCS #53