Democrats Rule! (and Bush still sux) [POLL]

Started by tshort, November 08, 2006, 05:31:59 PM

How do you feel about the results of yesterday's elections?

Ecstatic - and about time
10 (33.3%)
OK - I don't care that much
3 (10%)
Bummed - doesn't look good for GOP
16 (53.3%)
Election?
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

tshort

:preachon:

Guess which one I voted for?  :thumb: :cheers:
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Woofentino Pugrossi

Well if you are a firearms enthusiast its really disturbing on who the new house speaker is. They may try to have another useless AWB and that may be more fucked up than the first one was.

And WI gets another 4 yrs of Comrade Doyle and his corrupt goons. SO criminals are safe in WI from possible armed victims for another 4 yrs.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

251am

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on November 08, 2006, 05:43:06 PM
And WI gets another 4 yrs of Comrade Doyle and his corrupt goons. SO criminals are safe in WI from possible armed victims for another 4 yrs.

Nothing to keep you from carryin Rob!!

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: 251am on November 08, 2006, 05:47:16 PM
Nothing to keep you from carryin Rob!!

CCW is illegal in WI (one of 2 states now that doesnt allow it at all (IL being the other)). All people want is the ability to be on a level playing field with a criminal if they are attacked by a criminal. Not to mention how fucked up WI is now since Comrade Doyle took over.

BTW did ya see Janesvilles own version of a Reno 911 episode in last thursdays Gazette? :lmao: :lmao: I feel sorry for the GOOD cops in the JPD having to deal with this kind of garbage.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

tshort

Quote from: Woofentino Pugrossi on November 08, 2006, 06:09:17 PM
CCW is illegal in WI (one of 2 states now that doesnt allow it at all (IL being the other)). All people want is the ability to be on a level playing field with a criminal if they are attacked by a criminal.

If you believe that packing your own heat is an effective way of protecting yourself from criminal assualt, you have obviously been watching too many TV shows/movies, and have not been assaulted yourself.  I've had two friends who were both assaulted in the last two years (in Milwaukee), one by a guy with a gun, and the other by three guys, no gun that he could see. 

In neither case, according to the victims, would a weapon have been of use to them.  Even if they had one on them, they would not have had a chance to pull it.  And had they tried, they would likely now be dead.  Just a reality check.
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

tstruyk

somewhat relieved that the 'pub' bashin will ease off... it gets old.

Dems finally getting their wish... more power.  Here's your chance, show us how you can change the world!!!   :jerkoff:

I just wish they had a different platform than "not what the republicans have done"...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: tshort on November 08, 2006, 06:17:30 PM
If you believe that packing your own heat is an effective way of protecting yourself from criminal assualt, you have obviously been watching too many TV shows/movies, and have not been assaulted yourself.  I've had two friends who were both assaulted in the last two years (in Milwaukee), one by a guy with a gun, and the other by three guys, no gun that he could see. 

In neither case, according to the victims, would a weapon have been of use to them.  Even if they had one on them, they would not have had a chance to pull it.  And had they tried, they would likely now be dead.  Just a reality check.

Yeah I have been assaulted and no I didnt need a weapon either. Dumb ass punk ended up in an arm barred and my other hand on his throat. Thats was the second time. First time was 2 14 yr old kids who tried to rob me with a pocket knife. One ended up with his jaw broke and the other one I snapped his arm in the trucks door. So you're "never been assaulted" thing holds no water, and your tv and movie comment is a joke.

BTW I have used a firearm to defend myself and family. Guy was dumb enough to take a step towards someone pointing a .30-06 at him.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

tshort

I don't want to get in a flame war on this...but did it occur to you that, given what you did to two kids who came at you with a pocket knife, that if you'd had a gun one or both would be dead or possibly injured for life, and you'd be in prison for assault? (self defense probably wouldn't have worked, given that assault with a pocket knife would be difficult to construe as life threatening).

Point is:

• most people aren't as adept at self-defense as you appear to be;
  • most people wouldn't have enough common sense to protect themselves properly, and with good judgement, using a weapon;
  • and I'd probably get shot in the crossfire. ::)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Woofentino Pugrossi

Couldnt have a firearm with me when the two kids tried to rob me. I was in a company vehicle in IL. Kid wasnt in a position to even use the knife (btw a pocket knife can do serious damage). I just got out of the Sonoma we had and the kid (on teh other side of teh door put the knife through the open window at me. Grabbed his arm, yanked him close to the door and slammed it on his arm (which broke his arm). Other kid ran at me and I just popped him in the jaw. He went down and out. When the cop showed (witnesses called the police) I was on the first kids back with his other arm chickened winged. I spent the next HOUR cuffed in the squad and it too his supervisor to get me out of the car (everyone was telling the arresting officer I was the victim. He wouldnt listen at all. Rookie). PRetty much happened to fast to really think. Just went into automatic.

I have an ability to literally turn vicious on someone when absolutely needed. Lost of practice in school always being the 'new kid'. Got to know most principals and VP's quite well. :biggrin: Dropped a varsity football senior as a sophmore with 2 shots (first to the nads, 2nd to the side of his head with the side of my cowboy boot. Mom taught me theres no such thing as a fair fight. Anything goes), in junior high I went off on a kid (wrong kid) after I had a chair pulled out from under me in the cafeteria and hit my head on teh table behind me. Thats about all I remember. VP told me it took all teh teachers in teh social study pod (2 of which were football coaches) to get me off of him and they still had trouble holding a 120lb kid back. Also when I tried to punch him, he ducked, I hit the locker behind him and put a HUGE dent in it near teh hinge. They had to show me it since I pretty much lost it. One coach (300lb 6'3" teacher who was my social studies teacher and I actually tossed him from what I was told) said he never seen anyone's eyes glazed like that. Throughout the rest of 8th and 9th grade, no one every teased me again until HS. School counsellor had a field day with me. The foot ball player incedent stopped it there.

COuple months in TKD as a kid and 4 yrs kyukido in the late 90's/early 2000 (probably be going for 3rd dan if my knee didnt cause me problems in mid 2000). Didnt take either for defense, just TKD for rehab after I was cleared by my doctor from my knee problems at 8yrs old and kyukido to use as exercise to try to drop some weight.

BTW I aint being testy with you, just a bit miffed right now that my internet connection is dropping every 3-10 minutes and charter says theres nothing wrong. Damn thing just reset itself when I hit reply. :banghead:
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

EX#996

Quote from: tstruyk on November 08, 2006, 06:18:50 PM

Dems finally getting their wish... more power.  Here's your chance, show us how you can change the world!!!   :jerkoff:

+1

Although I don't want to be provided, or be forced to provide, a free handout.  If you have the ability, work for a damn living.  Allow the law abiding citizens to keep thier guns (yes, it has protected our property and put food on our table)....

Oh nevermind, I could keep going, but I don't have the time or the energy to get into a debate.

Dawn
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Super Dave

Self defense is a right for an individual. 

Tom, as for your friends, were there police or others available to help?

Police are not everywhere.  Most police work is conducted after the crime, not during. 
Super Dave

tshort

Quote from: Super Dave on November 08, 2006, 08:27:50 PM
Self defense is a right for an individual. 

Tom, as for your friends, were there police or others available to help?

Police are not everywhere.  Most police work is conducted after the crime, not during. 

No, the police weren't there to help, nor were there others to help out - crims, cowards that they are, tend to strike when their target is vulnerable, alone, and off-guard.  One friend was walking alone around the block he lives on, around 7pm in the summer time.  Three guys coming the other way walk past him on the side walk, then turn around and drop him with a length of pipe.  He's down, they start kicking him, punching him, telling him to give up his wallet.  He's stunned, doesn't know what to do - other than just toss up his wallet, which is nearly empty (dude doesn't have much money) and then they run out into the street where a van has pulled up, side door open. They jump in, and they're gone. 

Now you tell me what kind of kung fu, gun-totin', mo-fo you are who is going to do a damn thing about that.  This is the city, homey.  Ain't no remote, out in the back of beyond, deer hunting preserve.  Streets are tough.  You think you're smart, and try to fight back, and you might end up in a world of hurt worse than if you just give in. 
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128