News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bill Ritger - Our Friend

Started by weggieman, November 05, 2006, 07:36:19 PM

bobbylove

I have been a freind to Bill & Claudia for almost 11 years. It tears me apart to here and see this man hurt like this. This man got me to stay doing what is fun in life thru racing and visiting many tracks of the U.S.of A. God willing Bill will beat this as beating being laid off from work or falling down on his bike. This glitch will not get him. I as his friend am going to do everything I can for this great fun person. He is on this planet for a reason & I especialy will not let any negative thing like this take control of people I truely love.  Keep fighting Bill the cavalry is coming.             Love you & yours,             Bobby love

Super Dave

Crap.

Lost my mother and father to liver cancer.  I know it too well.

Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: bobbylove on November 12, 2006, 03:07:01 PM
This man got me to stay doing what is fun in life thru racing
I hear ya Bobby.  My self-esteem was at a lifetime low when I met Bill.  Through corner working, Bill gave me respect, responsibility, and pride.  All the cool stuff that's come since, the racing, writing, coaching, ect. would have never happened if Bill hadn't built me up, pointed me, and lit the fuse.
That's the defining characteristic of Bill's personality.  He loves his workers like family, and he's such a good leader that his troops become better people just from having worked for him.
I'm not just saying this now because Bill is sick.  I took the opportunity years ago to tell Bill how greatful I am, and how much difference his mentoring has made in my life.  For those who have read Highside, the Gil Peterson character is obviously nothing more than a thinly-disguised representation of Bill Ritger.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

chris_chops

Bill is a great guy.  Let's all send him something, he deserves it for all he has done for us racers.

Matt

Court Jester

that sucks. bad.
i only met him one time but ended up talking to him for about 30 or 40 minutes at the track that day. awesome guy. i never remember names, but i remembered his. like i said, i didn't know him well, but had the pleasure to meet him. my best wishes go out to him. i'll be sure to get something in the mail for him ASAP.
thanks for posting this.
keep us posted.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Mark Bernard

I know Bill and Claudia well. Mear words cannot even begin to express my shock and sadness. I am honored and proud to call Bill and Claudia my freinds! You two are in my prayers! Mark B.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

HAWK

Jester, your signature sums it  up the best I've ever seen. I spoke with Bill and Claudia yesterday and they both seemed in pretty good spirits. I don't know them well as this is my first year in racing (motorcycles anyway) but I think I can safely say that they are doing what they love. All of us in this sport are but how many of your friends can say the same. Try everyday to help someone find the courage to do something that means as much to them as racing does to Bill and Claudia and all the rest of us.

Bill and Claudia, thank you for being my friends and for letting me be yours. I can never know if I'll see tomorrow but I'm grateful  for knowing you today.

Hawk
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Protein Filled

Bill and Claudia are awesome! They are a big part of the CCS family that makes me keep on coming back! Get well soon Bill! There are so many more beers that I need you to introduce me to!!!!
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

weggieman

Bill is back in the hospital again. He has an infection they are fighting right now. He was in last week and had another stent put in, went home but now is back in.

Dave Doe visited him yesterday and says he doesn't look good at all.

I'll keep news coming as I get it. I hope to get to Madison later this week to see him.

Super Dave

What hospital, Gordie?
Super Dave

spyderchick

Gordie, let us know when you plan to make a visit. We might tag along.

thanks for the updates.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

HAWK

Alexa,

How are my leathers coming along, I would like to pay Bill a visit and maybe stop by the shop at the ame time this week, I'm thinking  Wednesday the 13th.

Paul
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413