News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Changing some rules for next year!!!

Started by imafrogg420, October 26, 2006, 12:24:41 AM

Ducati23

David, there should be a Middleweight twins class.

Let the BMW, SV1000 & the dangerous 749 in there. God knows the 749 is too fast for Thunderbike, but the lighter and more powerful Buell XB-R's are legal? Why?  :jerkoff:  
CCS/ASRA #23
GP SuperTwins Champion 2007 2008
Ducati 848

Super Dave

No way, Tom.

:lmao:

Too many classes as it is.
Super Dave

ahastings

Quote from: Ducati23 on November 29, 2006, 08:00:39 PM
David, there should be a Middleweight twins class.

Let the BMW, SV1000 & the dangerous 749 in there. God knows the 749 is too fast for Thunderbike, but the lighter and more powerful Buell XB-R's are legal? Why?  :jerkoff:  
I don't think a Buell XB 12r, is more powerfull and lighter than a Duc 749 in stock trim. And if you are referring to the XB rr it has been removed from Thunderbike for 07. I agree with Dave, too many classes already.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

xseal

Quote from: p3afoster61 on November 28, 2006, 12:03:11 PM
Thanks Arnie. By the way I checked my download of  post-race dyno/weight checks for MOTO-ST at Daytona. The BMW was 107.85 HP/417 lbs.; EMGO's SV1000 109.13 HP/425 lbs..  The top SV650 was 72.15 HP/397lbs. And the top Duc in the middle class was 85.85 HP/ 406 lbs..  

I won't weigh in on what this means for the BMW, ... but the air cooled 2-valve Duc is definitely a LW bike - 85.85 HP/ 406 lbs.   Wait until you guys see mine next year ....

N8Kern

I will say that the it must be nice riding easy to turn telepathic like racebikes... I know I have been there. I chose the BMW for the challenge.  I will never be an AMA champion, dont have the budget to run as a privateer, but I will say that running the Beemer in any class in CCS is a challenge if you want to run up front.

The weight is not the issue on the BMW.  Its the wheelbase. Regardless how much success or eposure I have brought the bike BMW does not make changes overnight and wont on my account.  at 58.5 inches, you try ridng one fast enough to finish up front.  Easy bike to ride, that is why they are GREAT on the street, but hard to go VERY fast on. 
LWSS no, but a real rider on an SV (Dave Yaakov) would check out on all of us, well until I took the Freddie Spencer 3 day Pro school...lol

I highly recommend FSRS.  The best money I ever spent on 2 wheels.  Changed my whole comprehension on racing.  WIth Nick Ienatch and Jeff Haney, your not behind some local yokle fast guy that cannot articulate and that you are only a smidge off anyways any race weekend, like other schools instructors. 

The way the crank is in the BMW (ride one if you dont beleive, any dealr has one as a demo) right hand turns are ok the bike torque steers to the right when on the gas.  Left hand turns the bike wnats to stand up and go right but you are trying ot power out and go left under load...  ride it, you will see.  If you want to go fast on it you have to have good habits.  Forces you to become a better rider if you wnat to even glimpse the lead pack.

Nobody bitched when I ran the K1200R Power Cup bike.  Won two Unlimited Superbike races on it at 63 inch wheelbase and a duo lever front suspension that DOES NOT ALLOW ANY WHEELBASE SHORTENING what so ever.  Literally, the inch longer than a Hyabusa K1200R's contact patches never even get a mm closer under braking, try turning one of those.  Its not becasue of a 200cc advantage and a naked bike with drag bars... is it?!

BMW just builds the text book definition of "dont judge a book by its cover".  There is a really trick Boxer and 3 cyl. coming...  Hopefully then I will have a shot at the AMA.

N8!

catman

Ive been on track w/N8 albiet in Amateur group in 2x wavers - some of the body contortion  positions ive seen him in like the spine parrallel to the ground hanging 10- wow! looks a lil freaky but he sure does what he deems necessary to get the BMW's around us!  Not just anybody can circulate the track like that- he's the current Reg Pridmore in my book-John in NJ