News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

MOTO-ST and TV coverage?

Started by APP_Racing, October 21, 2006, 01:43:40 PM

APP_Racing

SPEED To Air Highlights Of Inaugural MOTO-ST Daytona 8-Hour
Nov 28, 2006     From a press release issued by Grand American Road Racing Association:

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Fans and competitors of the newly-formed SunTrust MOTO-ST Series, which kicked off this past October with the 8 Hours At Daytona, will get a special look at the twin-cylinder motorcycle racing series on December 13 at 3 p.m. ET, when SPEED airs a one-hour race highlight package from the series' inaugural event.

The race, which ran on October 21 at the "World Center of Racing," was won overall by the Super Sport Twins class No. 46 San Jose BMW R1200 of Brian Parriott, Stephane Mertens and Nate Kern, which outlasted the No. 18 M4 EMGO Suzuki SV1000S trio of Michael Barnes, Chris Ulrich and Geoff May.

The show was filmed and produced by Chet Burks Productions in concert with SPEED.

"SPEED has done a great job producing races in the Grand American Rolex Series and KONI Challenge Series for years now, and we were thrilled to have the network capture this historic motorcycle event," said Grand American Road Racing Association President Roger Edmondson. "The race marked a new era in competitive, wheel-to-wheel motorcycle racing, and for SPEED to be with us from the beginning means a lot to everyone involved in the SunTrust MOTO-ST Series."

In the Grand Sport Twins class, Matt McBride, Pat Barnes and Robert Trottier rode to the victory in the No. 19 DucatiToronto.com Ducati Multistrada, and in the Sport Twins class, Steven Breckenridge cruised to the class victory alongside Nicole Hoffman and Mark Crozier on the No. 16 Jostens/Czaia & Gallagher, PA Suzuki SV650.

The 2007 SunTrust MOTO-ST Series schedule opens on March 4, 2007 at Daytona International Speedway with a 500 km race around the historic 14-turn road course layout.

MOTO-ST is organized by Professional Motorsports Productions of Toronto, Ontario, Canada and is sanctioned by the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) of Pickerington, Ohio. The Grand American Road Racing Association, based in Daytona Beach, Fla., provides the series with administrative and commercial support. The MOTO-ST advisory board features some of the most respected individuals in the world of motorsports, including AMA Hall of Fame members, respected motorcycle racing journalists and renowned officials from various forms of road racing. Learn more about MOTO-ST at www.moto-st.com.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

coolice

I think someone needs to contact SPEEDtv or MotoST because SPEED programs shows it airing Dec 17 NOT 13th
"The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys"
CCS#958
Crew chief Jamesgang /Hoban Bros.Racing #70 Buell   
2008 Team Challenge GT Lights Champion
2007 & 2008 MotoST GST 3rd overall

APP_Racing

A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

BlueRidgePerformance

Quote from: coolice on November 29, 2006, 08:26:08 PM
I think someone needs to contact SPEEDtv or MotoST because SPEED programs shows it airing Dec 17 NOT 13th
Moto-St sent out e-mails stating the 13th. It's been on Speed's programming as the 17th for a couple of weeks now.
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft

weggieman

latest email i recieved said 17th...............

PJ

An hour of highlights from the MOTO-ST 8-hours at Daytona will air tomorrow (Sunday, Dec. 17) at 2 PM CST.

It will be interesting to see how they package and present it. The MOTO-ST race itself was run very professionally. I hope and expect the programming will be just as well done.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

APP_Racing

Just watched it from my DVR.  I thought it was covered very well and they got a lot of positive comments out on the riders, the sponsers and the various machinery.   

I hope they cover the entire series.

Congrats to all those that rode and made it on TV.
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

Super Dave

I'm sure that DIS is going to pay for coverage of the whole series.  They want success for their investment.
Super Dave

steeltoe

The BMW commercials were the best part. 

weggieman

nice commercial for the series but that's about it. race coverage sucked.........

tzracer

Quote from: weggieman on December 18, 2006, 02:12:22 PM
nice commercial for the series but that's about it. race coverage sucked.........

I agree, that was terrible coverage. One of the worst I have ever seen.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

proechel539

kinda hard to squeeze 8 hours in a one hour slot. I thought they did a pretty good job.. considering it was on NASCAR TV err..... SPEEDVISION I mean!
Darrell Proechel
CCS Ex # 76
02 SV-650, 06 GSXR750
proechel1@comcast.net