MOTO-ST and TV coverage?

Started by APP_Racing, October 21, 2006, 01:43:40 PM

APP_Racing

I heard a rumor that some of hte MOTO-ST at Daytona was going to have TV coverage.  Does anyone know if this is going to be on Speed or who is broadcasting it, if they are?
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

SVbadguy

Hardly TV coverage.  I read somewhere that the coverage will consist of a 1-hour program at the end of the season recapping everything.   :jerkoff:

If we're lucky we may see something about it during the car races that are the feature of the weekend.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Super Dave

I didn't know there were car races during ROC.
Super Dave

SVbadguy

I'm talking about next year when the races are run as part of the Grand American Rolex Sports Car Series events.

Update: There may be more TV coverage than what I read previously.  From the Moto-ST site, "A one-hour highlight package from Saturday's race will air on SPEED at some point in the fourth quarter of 2006."  :thumb:
Mid-Atlantic Region 

Super Dave

Is that the plan?  Or will they bootstrap with CCS on some events?
Super Dave

SVbadguy

The VIR and Iowa events will take place in conjunction with the Rolex Series to save money.  I don't see that happening with the two Daytona rounds because they take place during the usual CCS stuff.   Those are the only rounds scheduled so far.

The 2007 Rolex schedule is:

January 27 - 28     24 Hours, ROLEX 24 AT DAYTONA, Daytona Int'l Speedway
March 3 - 3    400K   Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City
March 24 - 24    400K        Homestead-Miami Speedway
April 29 - 29    400K  Virginia Int'l Raceway                              
May 20 - 20    400K    U.S. SPORTS CAR INVITATIONAL, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca                   
May 28 - 28    400K - GT Only  ROLEX GT SERIES CHALLENGE, Lime Rock Park      
June 9 - 9    6 Hours   SAHLEN'S SIX HOURS AT THE GLEN, Watkins Glen Int'l                        
June 23 - 23    400K        Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course                        
July 5 - 5    250 Miles  Daytona Int'l Speedway                              
July 14 - 14    400K  Iowa Speedway                              
July 20 - 22    400K  Barber Motorsports Park                        
August 3 - 3    400K   Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve   Montreal, Quebec                        
August 10 - 10    200 Miles - Daytona Prototypes   Watkins Glen Int'l
August 25 - 25    400K - Daytona Prototypes  Infineon Raceway
September 15 - 15   1000K      Miller Motorsport Park

I think Mid-Ohio, Barber and Miller could be real possibilities for the MOTO-ST schedule.
Mid-Atlantic Region 

BlueRidgePerformance

Way to promote the sport, by slamming TV coverage, before you ever see it. Talk about  :jerkoff:
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft

PJ721

Boy I'd love to see the MOTO-ST @ Barber..but hope it doesn't Happen - we will be at Iowa the week before...
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

SVbadguy

Quote from: BlueRidgePerformance on October 24, 2006, 09:24:31 AM
Way to promote the sport, by slamming TV coverage, before you ever see it. Talk about  :jerkoff:

Slamming TV coverage?  Did you bother to read the entire thread?  Or just my first post.  And have you seen TV coverage already that I haven't?  That's right, there is no TV coverage yet.

I am looking forward to it more than anybody. I've even been considering running the series, but the lack of a complete schedule at this point and not knowing what I can guarantee potential sponsors as far as advertising has me planning on just one local round.
Mid-Atlantic Region 

cbrf4_269

I have said it once, and I will say it again...... Svbadguy is CRAZY  :lmao: :lmao:

j/k  Hope it works out for you Travis, let me know if you need help.  Since I don't even have your number!  :err:

SVbadguy

Quote from: cbrf4_269 on October 24, 2006, 07:19:48 PM
I have said it once, and I will say it again...... Svbadguy is CRAZY  :lmao: :lmao:

What?  At VIR it's only twice the distance of the Team Challenge races.  I wouldn't be running it solo.  They won't let me.   :wah: 
Mid-Atlantic Region 

BlueRidgePerformance

We raced it, and came up short, finishing 2nd in class, 9th overall.
It was announced months ago about the 1 hour coverage. It's not news.
Drev and SPEED TV were all over the pits, interviewing many of the teams. More coverage than I've ever seen.
I plan on running the entire series, and if you're intrested, you should keep it positive.
Might I suggest you contact Moto-St with your concerns.
Kawasaki 650R Endurance Team Owner
2009 Sponsors: Cheetah Race Bodies,,Pitbull,Trackside Racers Supply,Traxxion Dynamics,Vesrah,Woodcraft