News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

07 Rule Proposal - stolen idea

Started by Jeff, October 04, 2006, 04:35:15 PM

Jeff

bambam, I'm talking about the overall champions, not class champs.  Class champs would be too difficult to manage (as you indicated)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Court Jester

how about just a small sticker on the tail and or nose.
my chances of getting to that point are slim to none but i know i wouldn't want to change my number if i did. but it would be a great way to know who to watch.
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

cardzilla

There are a lot of people who consider their number to be sacred.  I'm a bit OCD, but I've always ridden #22 and my bikes are always yellow... superstitious, crazy, whatever you call it I would be keeping my number regardless of finishing position.

Your point is a good one for larger series where you race only in the class where your particular number plate was earned.  It doesn't really hold true when the top ten is spread over many classes.  Not to mention, if they were all in the same race I'm sure there'd be bike disparity that'd matter a lot more than the number on the bike.  One more (current count is probably one hundred) reason to have fewer classes.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike