News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

PR-C front tire .. suspension changes?

Started by endoracing, September 28, 2006, 02:31:02 PM

MELK-MAN

Quote from: endoracing on October 05, 2006, 12:55:35 PM
ok cool, thats what I did... The front took 4 sections of weight to balance and the rear took 5, 1/4 oz each piece I think ? .. the powers I had on there only took 1.
felt kinda weird puttin that much weight on a wheel.

shoulda deflated and spun the tire on the rim 180 deg..
You will never run a pr1/2 again i bet once you have been on the C. Good to know about the pr4 in mild weather. Im going to Robeling Road mid December and it surely wont be in the 80's then.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Kelly Daniels

The PR4 will tear buth 3 and 5 are ok? That doesn't make any sense. The 5 is a full medium compound and the 3 is full soft. The 4 is a combination of these two, why would it tear where either one of these wouldn't?

Super Dave

It's just different.  Tire technology in application is sometimes more like magic.  Our experiences with the 3/4/5 are ours and others we work with.
Super Dave

MELK-MAN

The PR5 is a different carcass AND compound than the 3 and 4, not just firmer compound
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

mq105

Ummm, probably. The PR-C is 607mm and the PR1/2 is 598, so...   But, like most tire "things" see what works for you.

And that's what I think, or not...
MQ 
FL  #283

catman

ED - just making sure i,m learning - you mentioned above that if the PRC turns in too fast then raise the forks in the trips- doesnt that have an even quicker turning effect by shortening the trail? Great posts/topic-just want to be sure what you meant- i am in the process of going to slicks on my sv, and want to make the right decision- if these Prc combos are better than the 1200/1800 slicks, i need to know-so much to learn but with all the gurus here its hard sometimes to discern the best setup-tia- i appreciate the help that is available!-john

mq105

What he said was, "If it feels like it turns in too fast, then raise the forks up on the tripple's and try again."  I think he meant raise the ride height/ raise the triples = slower turn in.
MQ 
FL  #283

Super Dave

Quote from: catman on January 08, 2007, 11:03:06 PM
i am in the process of going to slicks on my sv, and want to make the right decision- if these Prc combos are better than the 1200/1800 slicks

New can of worms.  PRC is going to be "similar" to the 1200 slick, because the slick is based off the S2.  1800 is like an M2 rear, which, if my memory is correct, it will be shorter than the PR5.
Super Dave

catman

Been awhile since that post and now am having it all installed at Speedwerks.com- have also been searching the slicks threads and see why K3 was preparing me for possible damage to my wmd bling sv- I guess i'll have to raise my risk recognition level up a tad while i relearn about the coefficient of friction , the lesser heat cycles of slicks,capable, notetaking ,and the less warning.... mmmmmm...Thanks for the measurement comparisons Dave , if  I  consider  to, I could go back to Dots with minimal changes- A good lesson for this partimer,the bike handled great already- well setup- (Thanks K3)- I couldn't see how marvics ,25mil ohlin parts in stock forks (another misread ,thought for sure i had asked the right questions) and SLICKS couldnt be positive changes! I learned lots in the slick search and will remember the lesson- I'm bettin on speedworks to smooth out the bumps for this perpetually learning,partime racing ,so far , guy, who trains dogs, and loves a safe and fast(in context here,please) ride! John in NJ