01 Sv Stem...SRAD Stem.... Same? / Paging Jason D'amico..

Started by EM JAY, September 16, 2006, 08:54:57 PM

EM JAY

Ok I'm FINALLY getting ready to do my front end swap, Gixxer front and I notice that the stem from the SRAD is mushroomed.  Can I use the stock Sv stem with the SRAD (91) tripples?  What else do I have to worry about when changing?  Replace berrings or seals on anything?   Thanks!!!!
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: EM JAY on September 16, 2006, 08:54:57 PM
Ok I'm FINALLY getting ready to do my front end swap, Gixxer front and I notice that the stem from the SRAD is mushroomed.  Can I use the stock Sv stem with the SRAD (91) tripples?  What else do I have to worry about when changing?  Replace berrings or seals on anything?   Thanks!!!!

Silly MJ, SRAD didn't come out until '96 on the GSXR 750!  :spank:

And also, stop doing all them DAMN mushrooms, your brains fried enough!  :biggrin:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EM JAY

Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

EX_#76

To the best of my recolection, the SV stem will not work.  I think that the diameter of the lower part of the stem that presses into the tripple is larger on the GSXR than the SV.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

grasshopper

Svrider.com has all the info you need to complete the swap.

All you need is a different bearing and race if I'm not mistaken.

SV88

Mike:  Does that mean that your "stock" SV forks are no longer for sale? ;)..  Call me 847-226-7863.  I'd like to get them looked at by Brian Baker b4 Gingerman.

Steve.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881