TO START RACING CCS???? PLEASE HELP

Started by canismajor, September 16, 2006, 07:30:42 PM

canismajor

Hi All,
Im buying a bike near Blackhawk farms next weekend, would like to try it out while im there, but i race in Canada.  I know my Canadian licence is compatable, but a few questions

1. From the site looks like Saturday is just racing...are they ANY practice sessions prior to race?
2. Im a Novice/Amateur racer (will be expert class next year) will be buying a gsxr750.  I've heard that some US racing body's dont allow amateurs to race >600cc. 

I'll scour the site, but if anyone has any info for me, or a phone number for anyone who can answer my Q's, it would be much appreciated.
thanks,
chuck

r1owner

You can race a 750 as an am in CCS... there usually are at least two practice sessions on Saturday morning before the races, each session is about 10 minutes long.

canismajor

Thanks,
i saw a few helpful bits on the main website....looks like im elegible, BUT,

Think i have to do any paperwork BEFORE i get there?

benprobst

I dont think you need to do any paperwork before you get there. But I suggest sending Kevin Elliot or a ccs official (emails on the home page) and be sure there is no problem with showing up and getting your license at the door (approved race orginization). But most likely if you have your canadian race license with you there should be no problem.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

r1owner

Yes, always a good idea to email Kevin if you have any questions...

If you aren't pre-registering via the site, I'd print out the entry form and have it ready to go when you get there.  Not a big deal, but at least you'll have it done.

If the bike safety wired to CCS specs?

Also, I assume you're going to the Sept 23rd weekend?  If so, that's the Wegman weekend (auction on Sat. night to raise funds for injured racers).  There's sure to be a big turnout there.

There's lots of fast local guys at BHF, the track is a lot of fun.  Have a good time there.

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: r1owner on September 16, 2006, 09:17:59 PM

If you aren't pre-registering via the site, I'd print out the entry form and have it ready to go when you get there.  Not a big deal, but at least you'll have it done.

FYI the entry form on line is a pre-entry form, it is different than the post entry form and you would have to transfer info to a post entry form at the track.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

canismajor

Thanks folks,
emailed Eric and recieved a speedy response,  I'm assuming the bike im buying is already safety wired but i'll double check.

Thanks again