legal swing arm?

Started by Kelly Ruby, September 11, 2006, 09:07:32 AM

Kelly Ruby

i have an 03 gsxr 600 that i picked up recently as my new track bike.  i plan on keeping it mostly stock (yeah that's what we all say).  anyhow, it has a stock swingarm from a gsxr 750 on it - with the extra bracing at the top.  i cannot tell from reading the rules if this is legal, or would prevent me from running in some of the classes as a result of this change.  the passage i am speaking of looks like it covers all/most ccs classes:

A. Original equipment wheels, brake calipers, forks, frame, engine, fuel induction system, and swing arm must be used.

i do not know how to interpret this rule - the bike must have any oem swing arm, or the oem swing arm that came on the bike.  i'm not trying to have an advantage, i just need to know if i need to put the original swing arm on there to avoid any problems.

note that this rule also appears in 6.9.2 A. also

CCS AM #522

KBOlsen

If it's "original equipment" to an '03 600 GSXR, then you are fine.  If not, then I would say "NO".
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

xseal

You can't run supersport, but I'm pretty sure its legal for superbike and certainly for GP/GTU.

KBOlsen

EX_#76

that swing arm would only exclude you from Super Sport.
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Kelly Ruby

thanks for the input guys.  what about formula 40? 

also, any advantage to being able to run supersport - higher lap times, greater chance for a newbie to place better, or any other reason?
CCS AM #522

KBOlsen

EX_#76

Quote from: liquid_iq on September 11, 2006, 05:45:32 PM
thanks for the input guys.  what about formula 40? 

also, any advantage to being able to run supersport - higher lap times, greater chance for a newbie to place better, or any other reason?

the swing arm is ok in F40.  The best place for a newbie is in lightweight.  Those middleweight guys are a bunch of sharks.  Most of them are pretty fast
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Eric Kelcher

F40 is Heavy Supersport or Lightweight GP.

A GSXR600 would fall under Heavy Supersport rules in F40 and the stock swingarm must be used.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition