News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona Gearing

Started by vasser67, January 18, 2003, 03:24:05 PM

vasser67

Just wondering what gearing works well at Daytona using a R6 with 110hp??

Leon_Eddins

Hi Vasser

If this is your first time to daytona you can start with
16/43 which is a2.68 final drive ratio which will be close for the first practice.I would also take one or two teeth higer and one or two teeth lower,this will cover all of the gears that you need.

Leon Eddins  EX74 S.E.  :o

r6_philly

you do realize that 16/43 would be 5 teeth down on the front??? I would say 16/47 or 16/48(stock) and see what you like. 43? I haven't seen a sprocket that small

Bart #72

I ran 16/47 last year but think 16/48 would have been better.
Need paint or  Race / Track bodywork?  PM or email me at dcpaintworx@gmail.com for pricing on Armour Bodies bodywork.

Gumby647

I think we used 16/46 we were making 109 on pump gas so I'm sure it was higher with the MR1.

Frank_Angel

16/43, maybe 44 or 45 should be close, depends on how fast you are and how the wind is blowing. I don't see how you could be anywhere near 2:00 with 47 or 48.

Leon, how you doin? Please shoot me an e-mail at franka@ecomnet.net with your contact information, Nate needs to get in touch with you. See you at Daytona!

vasser67

Sounds good, that helps thanks. And did someone say there is thursday and friday morning practice??

MELK-MAN

Quoteyou do realize that 16/43 would be 5 teeth down on the front??? I would say 16/47 or 16/48(stock) and see what you like. 43? I haven't seen a sprocket that small

not sure what you mean by 16/43 would be 5 down on front....??
please explain..i would have thought it would have been close to going 1 up in the front??
ive never been to daytona. I have a stock 16 front and stock 45 rear, for Jennings gp i have gone up 1 in the rear to 47. my friends r6 is pretty close there too.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

lightnin_larry

You can leave that 16 tooth sprocket at home unless you like hearing your rev limiter all the way from nascar 4 into turn one.  The last 3 years I've used 17-47 on my R6.  ;D
Larry Denning / retired ass kicker

FUBAR606

QuoteSounds good, that helps thanks. And did someone say there is thursday and friday morning practice??

If they run the same schedule, there will be practice, if you want to call it that, on Thursday. Which is included in the cost of registration. Friday's "practice" is even shorter. IMHO, your best bet for a substantial practice time is to do the Team Hammer track day on Wednesday, which gives you 2 hours of track time. Last year was my first time at Daytona and I found a lot of value getting the two hours. In hindsight, I felt it was the only true practice time I got...everything else felt like warm-up sessions.

Just my two cents.

Super Dave

QuoteYou can leave that 16 tooth sprocket at home unless you like hearing your rev limiter all the way from nascar 4 into turn one.  The last 3 years I've used 17-47 on my R6.  ;D

So, what's stock gearing, Lightnin

;)
Super Dave

jim_p

Super Dave, stock is 16-48, so if I'm not mi :-Xstaken Larry goes down 4 in the rear by going up one in front (3 Teeth in rear) and down one in Back . I have been told by several people "stock at Road America and Daytona" I'm not doubting what Larry is saying, But is 4 down in back what works down there?? I am going and hate messing with the bike once I start riding- I plan to try Larrys gearing if I am not told different. Also what about "stock at R.A.?"