Vesrah contingencies?

Started by Speedballer347, January 17, 2003, 02:09:40 PM

R6Chris760

How do vesrah pads last compared to EBC or Ferodo?

GAMEDIC

To be honest and i carry both pads in stock..and i have also used both...there to me was not alot of difference in stoping power between EBC and Vesrah the big difference is that there is no "break in" time on Ves. and there is with EBC...that is my .02 worth..lol...but if anyone need either..give me a call...LOL ;D

Super Dave

What Super Dave said....LOL!

I want brakes that are easy to pull.  After all these years, I had to deal with pads that I just had to hammer to get the bike to slow down.  Over time, it's just beat up my arm.  

EBC's need a real specific bed in, or they just don't work right.  They they glaze, then you can't stop.

I want brakes that I can use two fingers with, yet have outstanding power.  Read as little lever pressure, slow down fast.  

DP, Performance Friction, and Vesrah are my picks.

Logevity?  No.  They do wear out quicker, but the obvious importance of braking is what you gain.  I don't want to muscle the the braeks.

Do EBC's work?  I've ridden bikes that have EBC set ups that do work well.  I can't seem to take the time to get them bedded in correctly.  I try and try and try, but I can't get it to work.  If I do get it to work, it only works for a period of time....for me.

For me, the value of being able to put in a set of pads at any moment that I need them and have them work with no bed in...That's valuable time for me.

I don't want to waste the precious few laps of practice that we are limited to anymore.
Super Dave

ExpressRacing

Just curious;  According to a bike dealer's catalog, Parts Unlimited lists two types of Vesrah brakes-- either sintered or kevlar.  The sintered are not listed as HH.    If I try Vesrah pads, what should I be trying?

Thanks,  DW

GAMEDIC

Well parts does not have the new RJL pads as of yet...however that is what i would say go with...i do not have any in stock yet but i will have them in about a week...let me know...

khanson

The EBC's are way too grabby.  They come on really hard at the beginning.  However, I didn't have the feel that I needed for trailbraking.  Like Dave said, they reach a point where they glaze over.

When I raced the Pro Thunder round at Road America I was fighting the thing trying to trail brake into the turns.  I thought I was off the brakes and I would take my finger off the lever at the apex and the things were still grabbing and I didn't know it.  Almost ended up on my head a few times.

The new RJL Vesrah's are just really good.  The have great breaking power, but give you really good feedback at the same time.  Plus, just put them in and rail.

I tried a set of DP's for one weekend and they seemed to be a compromise between the EBC's and Vesrah's.

Dang, I'm long winded like Dave!
Kevin Hanson<br /><br />www.SafetyFirstRacing.com<br />Safety First Racing<br />847.357.1309

Speedballer347

Quote...keep the EBC stickers, get pads, sell them to street guys.
I can sell them for 50cents on the dollar...like I do w/ my food stamps ;D
Before any of you tax payers b!tch...I can't buy my booze w/ the stamps, so I gotta sell um :P
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Speedballer347

I don't know why EBC's are getting all the flak ???
I used them and liked them pretty much....not great but definately 'usable' (in amateur anyway).

Loved the initial 'bite' (was great for snapping up endos at 80-100mph ;D on the street :-* ), and had good power and feel.  They could lock-up the front tire at will.

Only complaints I had, was too, too much lever pressure was required (echoing Super Daves comments) to get them to shut the bike down and they would start to fade and get spongy after several sprints, causing even more lever pressure.
They were OK though, not as bad as everyone is saying, imho.

Everyone seems to say the same thing about the Vesrahs though, good power, no fade....so I am going to snag a set from Dave at BHF's.
I am sure they are better than the EBC's, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

btw: I thought the Ferrodo's were garbage.  No matter how hard I squeezed the lever, they wouldn't shut the bike down.  Junked em after 10 minutes.
Some guys love them though.
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteOnly complaints I had, was too, too much lever pressure was required (echoing Super Daves comments) to get them to shut the bike down

I don't know what the problem is, I do and always did use only one finger to brake.

You guys better hit the gym. ;D

Speedballer347

Quote...I do and always did use only one finger to brake
we are NOT talking about the rear brake, Dave ...geeeze ::) ;)

Decreasing_Dave

Quotewe are NOT talking about the rear brake, Dave ...geeeze ::) ;)

LOL!!!

Yeah...I had a feeling SOMEONE was going to say that. ;D