News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Bike friendly hang outs

Started by jooks, August 15, 2006, 10:38:56 PM

jooks

Where do people go to catch MotoGP and AMA on a big screen? I'm out here in C'ville, near Elgin, and haven't found a place yet. I tried the Penny Rd. Pub a couple of times but had to fight off the baseball fans for one small TV. Any idears? :cheers:

EM JAY

What's worse is fighting the Nascar folks!!   Hooters almost always has speedtv on, not sure of one in your area tho, good excuse for a little ride tho?
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

spyderchick

In Milwaukee, Lulu's on KK and Lincoln has 2 Wheel Tuesday every week. And if there's racing on Sunday, they have it on. Also, there are some custard stands that have a TWT as well, mostly for showing off though. There are a bunch of M/C racers and enthusiasts who own restaurants and bars here, so that's pretty cool
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

sryan296

try going to the players club on the north side of chicago. It's a motorsports bar.

jooks

Thanks for the help guys. More options. Yippee!!! :thumb:

cbirk

Quote from: EM JAY on August 16, 2006, 07:12:10 AM
Hooters almost always has speedtv on,
My Dad and I went to Hooters here in La Crosse for fathers day and they didn't have speed on,but they did  turn it on for us ,so we could watch the AMA race at Miller Motorsports Park. In addition to that, I've also had good luck at Monks Bar in Wisconsin Dells.

Suzy

2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

jooks

Suzy, you are awesome. Thank you. Gotta' give some of these places a try. :thumb:

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Suzy

I thought of some more places that look like there not listed on the link I gave you.

Try crusin' around the Fox Lake area. They list the Dwight House on one link and not Famous Freddie's, which is not far from each other, real cool bike hangout, LOTS of bikes.  Also (? spelling), Keif's Reef, and Broken Oar. Then there is the Aquarium, if you swallow a goldfish, you can drink free and get a T-shirt  :err:. All other great hangouts. I saw some guys riding thier snowmobiles on the water at Broken Oar, pretty funny.  :lmao:

http://illinoisentertainer.com/, this has alot of bars listed also.
2005 Rookie Corner Worker of the Year!

KBOlsen

The Aquarium sounds like an offshoot of the Minnow Bar.

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

EM JAY

Quote from: KBOlsen on August 29, 2006, 07:26:58 PM
The Aquarium sounds like an offshoot of the Minnow Bar.

I think it's one in the same?   I remember waaaaaaaaaay back when I was younger all they gave ya was a damn card, either a "minnow muncher" or "minnow swallower", depending on how you consumed it....  Damn.  LOL!!!   

Hey remember the "Puppet Bar'????
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake