News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Can you run slicks in GTO?

Started by Speedballer347, August 09, 2006, 05:00:38 PM

Speedballer347

Dumb question, but can I run slicks in CCS/Trackaddix GTO race?

Also, best brake fluid?  My 06 GSXR brakes are fading like crazy. 

Thank you.
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

K3 Chris Onwiler

Slicks are OK, because GT-anything is run under GP/superbike rules.  I use Golden Spectro brake fluid, but have faded the brakes on my GSXR as well.  It gets worse if your pads are thin, I guess because then they transfer more heat.  Fade is not usually an issue for me until my pads get thin.  I have an 03 750.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Clay

You need to go search for the thread over on WERA where they talk about the bad brake fade.  Apparently Matt Lynn and his father found a solution.  They use the stock MC on their 1000 in AMA Superbike!  Apparently it involves using some pretty expensive brake fluid, but it does work!  :)

Protein Filled

The best brake fluid to use on the GSXR brakes is Castrol SRF. Normally around $65.00 a Liter, but it has the highest wet boling point of any brake fluid. It will end the fading problems on the 04/05/06 GSXR's
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

bfkidd

So where can Castrol SRF be found?

wolf44

ah hell, speedballer's here, there goes the neighborhood.  Hey baller check the Wera forum as there is a thread with about 10,000,000 posts on brake fade.  Some claimed the solution is the fluid. 
Later
Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

Protein Filled

Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

dicatirider944

Brembo radial master cylinder.  I never had brake fade on my Gsx-r 750. 

Speedballer347

I am glad I asked, because I had it totally backwards, I thought you couldn't run slicks in GTO. 
I'll skip SS and run slicks all weekend  8)

I just ordered the Castrol brake-fluid online, and getting ready to do a search and order some RJL's. 
Used to run the EBC, but when K3 threw his EBC's in a lake  :ahhh: , I shy'd away from them.  Between the Castrol & RJL's, should be OK.  If not, I'll do the Brembo MC that was just recommended.

I also just ordered a 520 conversion kit from Phil at Moto-Heaven.com, so I am pretty excited about that too.

Thank you for all the answers and help. Fellas!

Other than the brake issue, I absolutely love the bike  :kissy:

JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

r1owner

Bike looks good man!

Can't wait to see you on the track again in a couple of weeks.  :cheers:

Burt Munro

Eric.

Based on what I've seen so far in the GP region, they may let you slide thru Tech at Gateway with those front numbers, but I know that if you plan on racing at Autobahn with Midwest Tech you'll need to make a change. 

Make sure the the white background extends further out past your numbers.  It doesn't look quite so bad when you have a lighter background (yellow) like you do - but if you had dark blue or black as your primary body color it would be grounds for a firing squad!! :kicknuts:

Just to be safe make sure the white plate extends out farther.  A happy Larry is a good thing for everybody! :biggrin:

Rick
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Speedballer347

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 11, 2006, 02:12:04 AM

A happy Larry is a good thing for everybody! :biggrin:

:lmao: :boink:

I'll repaint the front plate this weekend.