News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Have you taken + 1 year off and then returned?

Started by Jeff, July 20, 2006, 08:41:44 PM

d_dog

Quote from: mdr14 on July 20, 2006, 11:11:49 PM
It appears I am on my first year off.... more by chance than design...

Does that mean I get to go amateur next year?

I thought it was three years out of racing, but it's up to the CCS officials.  I was out for six years and came back AM for one race and then got the boot up to EX.  :banghead:

catman

I took last year off to overcome a ill handling sv that when finally suspended correctly,  :banghead: :ahhh:started being  a poorly powered engine that only recently got repaired- the popcorn sound- making powerloss problem turns out to be a plugged vent tube off the gas tank. It was hard for previous mechanics to help me because it wouldnt do it till about the 4th lap of sprints races and to duplicate it,i took it to Dave Gersten at Hudson Valley Motorsports in Newburgh NY- He has an eddy (sp) current dyno and knows how to use it..Bike is finally ready to produce-but it will be relegated to "B" bike now because all thru that miserable start of my new favorite hobby, I bought another one with K3's help that sails! So a year and 1/2 off,gained a competent mechanic,a van so i can sleep right at the track ,a furniture store that can help finances and grabbed my first ccs trophies immediately on my return in the Mid atlantic region  7-1,2. Hungrier than ever but mondo busy w/starting up store,i intend to race much more next year! Cheers :thumb: NJ John

Super Dave

Never took time off, but I was asked to ride for some people, which made for a real change of pace.  And it made it so that even though I was close to some tracks, I never raced at them regularly.

Change the game.
Super Dave

mx558

11 years off, been breaking bones in mx, 1st race back at bhf last week and having blast !

Mark Bernard

I haven't taken any time off, and don't plan on it any time soon. Sorry, no help here......  :ass:
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

Team-G

Hey Jeff, if you're going to hop out for a year or so, can I use your RV?

Jeff

Quote from: Team-G on July 23, 2006, 11:32:36 PM
Hey Jeff, if you're going to hop out for a year or so, can I use your RV?

hehe... no...  actually if I take time off, the RV will be used far more than the 13 or so weekends I use it right now.  (and I will still be at the tracks)
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

jer271

getting close to taking an unvolentary year off!!!!

Bubba

The fact that you have not used your saved tire money(from not racing) to buy a five or six hundred dollar ebay motor makes your time spent bench racing VOLUNTARY! :kicknuts:

G-reg

uh oh..

Here comes the start of weed-eater racing..  :ahhh:
--Greg
MW EX#84

Chuck

I'm taking time off now and all I can tell you is how much that sucks...

Hopefully I'll have a story about my return soon enough.

G2G racing

I have taken off 2 years and had the option to come back as and ametuer.  But I went back as an expert.  the first weekend was a little nerve racking but after that I was good.  yeah my laptimes here not there but they dropped with each lap.  I took this year off also and might take another off next year.  Having kids limits my time on the track.