Have you taken + 1 year off and then returned?

Started by Jeff, July 20, 2006, 08:41:44 PM

gpstar1

Thanks, Eric. Hopefully I'll get out to Summit this year sometime a get to race with you guys, but until then the family come first.
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

tigerblade

I've been out since running the full 2004 Great Plains schedule (with broken back at the last round).  It's amazing that I came *this close* to being in a wheelchair for the rest of my life, yet I think about racing all the time.  I wasn't fast, but I had a great time.  It's hard being away.  I'd like to at least do some trackdays. 

I kind of feel like a football player who is coming back from injury and just needs that first solid hit to know he's okay and can resume.  Not that I care to crash, but that's the analogy that comes to mind.
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

smoke

Thanks guys for all the info:  I've been out for a year now because of work. This is the first time in a year that I've posted on the board. I got the bug again. I'm coming back but I feel as if I can do this smarter.  I know what the real costs are and know what crap not to spend money on thanks to you guys. 08 will be my return.

catman

+1 smoke welcome back- bring on the reflections!Catman :pop: