News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Ride share to Barber from DC area ?

Started by SVbadguy, July 20, 2006, 08:41:03 PM

SVbadguy

As of now I probably won't be going. But if someone wants to go along and split gas and driving then I would. This would allow me to bring my trailer meaning room for as many as 3 bikes other than the two I intend to take.  I figure gas will cost $420-460.

The plan would be to leave from Leesburg between 5-6 am on Thursday the 10th and leave Barber early Sunday morning. I don't want to take off another day just for driving home. I've never stuck around for Sundays.

I would do the Team Challenge Solo on Friday and the lightweight sprints on Saturday.

I'm sleeping on an air mattress in my trailer. You'd have to figure out what you're doing. The bed of my truck is alright with an air mattress when under the canopy. There is also camping up the hill. Or maybe you could hitch a ride to a hotel if that's your thing.

So if you can deal with this scheduling and want to do this let me know by posting or sending a PM.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

LilJayRR

Maybe we can help each other out. I want to go down for the TC as well.  I'm in Chantilly about 1 miles from Ricks shop.

When are you planning on leaving etc ?

Do you have anyone else going down to help in the pits druing the race? I have a freind going down with me to help with the rider change and gas etc. I am also looking for maybe a partner to ride as well, since I dont think Rachel is going.

Hit me back if your interested.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

SVbadguy

Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair