Shhh! No talking!

Started by dylanfan53, July 12, 2006, 11:12:11 PM

dylanfan53

I'm watching The Doctor, The Tornado and The Kentucky Kid...and it's a very good thing!  :boink:
Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

Super Dave

dylanfan53

Wish I had better things to say but...
In a nutshell, if you're a racer you'll probably enjoy it.

The whole thing's about MotoGP at Laguna but it didn't really succeed (if they were trying) in building much drama between the racers for the grand finale.  If you're not into the sport I don't think it will hold interest.

Seems like it was long on Nicky Hayden (fine by me, that part was cool) and less time on Colin Edwards, John Hopkins and Rossi (hardly anything at all).  Hopkins seemed to get as much air time even though he didn't get in the title. 

Actually, I hate to say it but I think it was missing something.  A review of practice sessions, and few collages about the racers and decent airtime of the race really wasn't enough to generate much interest.  You can get the same by watching the races on Speed if you have it.

As a documentary it lacked depth, although they did a good job of conveying the depth of commitment of the Hayden family.  As a story it lacked substance.  As a drama there really wasn't much. 
Just my $.02. 
Don Cook
CCS #53

H-man

Wow!   :thumb:  You truly ought to look into writing reviews for your local paper Don.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

dylanfan53

LOL.  My local paper is only concerned with the roundy rounds, demolition derby at the county fair (Hey! We've Montgomery Gentry AND REO Speedwagon this year!) and the local poop on who got busted for pot and DUI. 
You going to at least come by and say hi at Gman in a couple weeks?
Don Cook
CCS #53

EX_#76

Hey Don,
  Stop watching and reviewing movies and do some racing!!  You were conspicuous by your absence at BHF, what gives?

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

spyderchick

I agree with your assement. I almost fell asleep during  the mid section.

The first one had more humor, drama and seemed to build a bit. This one was really even in tone throughout the whole movie, and Ewan McGregors naration was almost monotone.

However, if you love racing, the Haydens and MotoGP, you'll want to get it for your library. If you're undecided, watch it at a friends first before you purchase.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

H-man

Quote from: dylanfan53 on July 17, 2006, 11:33:50 PMYou going to at least come by and say hi at Gman in a couple weeks?

You must have read my post over in another thread.  I'll be over at nearby Grattan.  Playing around w/ Super D on the 29th.  I invested some serious ATP into deciding whether to do the 2 Gman events.  In the end, I've chosen to allocate my resources (physical, emotional and monetary) elsewhere.

HOWEVER comma.  You've put a bug in my head.  Maybe I'll swing on over Saturday evening from Grattan just to shoot the breeze and down a brew. Hmmmm....
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

"Life has a certain flavor for those who have fought and risked all that the sheltered and protected can never experience."  - John Stuart Mill

dylanfan53

Alexa, I was worried I was just being cranky when I wrote that.  Glad it wasn't just me.  :thumb:

Guy, Congrats on your wins!  Sorry I wasn't there.  My wife's brother is gravely ill and it wasn't/still isn't looking good at all last week.  There was no way I could leave for three days, no matter how understanding she is.  Gingerman's only an hour away so I should be able to get up there. 

H, I wish that were another day.  I'd let you show me the line around Grattan!

Don Cook
CCS #53

EX_#76

Thanks Don!!! I am still on cloud 9.  I'm sure I have peaked and should retire with dignity.

You made the right choice on where to be.  Best of wishes to your brother in law

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

H-man

Don, you're TOO kind. :cheers:   

I suppose I could show you the line at Grattan.  Though I'm told it would change if I ever took my bike outta 3rd gear  :lmao:

I still get a grin of admiration when I think back to last July when you railed around me on the outside of the sweeper at G-man while in hot pursuit of Ed Key.

I will pray for strength for your family during this difficult page in the book of life.

Take care my friend.
Black Ops Racing
WERA/Fasttrax #42 (N)

dylanfan53

Thanks guys. See ya soon.
Don Cook
CCS #53