News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Track day At new Southwest Track

Started by Mongrel, January 13, 2003, 09:16:52 AM

Mongrel

Any one that is interested in a track day at the New Arizona Motorsports Park March 22nd give the guys at T.E.A.M. Arizona a call (480) 998-9888 or check out their web site at www.motorcycletraining.com.  

The track web site is http://www.arizonamotorsportspark.com

Check out a video of the track.

Now to get CCS to schedule races here.

Eric Kelcher

Is that a another Alan Wilson designed track?

The pit in/out occurs in the middle of the turns just like NFMP, NPR and BeaveRun. That is the stupidest idea I have ever seen for M/C use. Anyone run SCCA or car races and know if that is something they want (and why?)or is this guy just making tracks that are not conducive to M/C races for a reason or does he really have no clue?
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Mongrel

Not sure if it is a Wilson designed track, but I think that is the name that was thrown around early on.  There have been some redesigns to the track so the lay is a little bit different than what is show on the web site, but I am not sure if the pit entrance and exit are part of that.  For sure this is a SCCA track that was the whole point when they started building it.  So far the track owners have been extremely open to suggestions from the motorcycle community and have activly-sought input.  To tell you the truth at this point even with these issues it is the best track we have within 8 hours of Phoenix.  So I am just happy right now to see a track of this caliber in my back yard.