Something to bring up at the next rider's meeting

Started by Jeff, July 05, 2006, 09:07:08 AM

Jeff

Consider this when you are exiting the track...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=26294

Now, I don't know that this is exactly what happened (rider turning across the straight to exit the track), but it sounds plausible, and in any event, a guy is dead from a front straight incident which in all likelihood could have been prevented.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

PJ721

man that's terrible..but what I found the most disturbing was this...

"The track day, run by the racetrack, did not have any cornerworkers or ambulance crews on site."   
:wtf:
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: Jeff on July 05, 2006, 09:07:08 AM
Now, I don't know that this is exactly what happened (rider turning across the straight to exit the track), but it sounds plausible, and in any event, a guy is dead from a front straight incident which in all likelihood could have been prevented.

It was completely preventable. New track rider that apparently never got any proper instruction on how to exit the track. And some people wonder why we get so anal about people crossing the blend line and people who swing across the track at 7 to get into the pits at BHF. Wild guess but that tracks management is probably gonna be taking a beating with the local papers and in courts. No cornerworkers, they may had got away with but NO AMBULANCE!?!?!?
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

K3 Chris Onwiler

You should see the lengths we go to at STT to stop that from happening.  Big threatening speech at every riders meeting, cones ALL OVER the pit lane, cones on the blend line where practical, people directing traffic....
Yet every so often someone STILL screws it up! :wtf:

Makes me wonder how I've gone since 1999 without violating a blend line or worse.  Heck, I even remove my own crashed bike from the impact zone if I can still get up!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Jeff

Sometimes it just happens that you lose your mind.  Case in point, last year I was coming down pit road in the middle of practice and decided I wanted to just stop there and change my suspension so I swung to one side RIGHT IN FRONT of Rosno.  He damned near punted me.  It scared the shit out of me and I'm pretty sure him as well.

He didn't seem pissed about it as I groveled an apology later, but I'm sure he was a bit tweaked.  I knew better but the thought just didn't cross my mind at the time...  Now it constantly does...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Super Dave

Quote from: Jeff on July 05, 2006, 07:27:18 PM
Sometimes it just happens that you lose your mind.  Case in point, last year I was coming down pit road in the middle of practice and decided I wanted to just stop there and change my suspension so I swung to one side RIGHT IN FRONT of...

LOL!  I guess I'm always waiting for it at Blackhawk...I don't know why, but that yellow line can be a magnet.  Maybe their's BCH's in there that draw us in.

As for no ambulance?  Seems like the cost completely out weighs the risk.
Super Dave

Protein Filled

Don't worry about Dave. He is used to people running him off the track, wether on purpose or not... :biggrin:
Edgar Dorn #81 - Numbskullz Racing, Mason Racin Tires, Michelin, Lithium Motorsports

Don't give up on your dreams! If an illiterate like K3 can write a book, imagine what you can do!

Jeff

ugh... don't get me started...

I don't know whether I'm just a bad judge of what people will do, or what, but I've put myself in more than my share of shitty positions this year...
Bucket List:
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

EM JAY

Quote from: Jeff on July 07, 2006, 09:10:13 AM
ugh...  I've put myself in more than my share of shitty positions this year...

....leaving this for the experienced.... :spank:  :biggrin:
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Super Dave

Quote from: Numbskullz-113 on July 07, 2006, 08:16:05 AM
Don't worry about Dave. He is used to people running him off the track, wether on purpose or not... :biggrin:

Where's Mike?  LOL!
Super Dave

251am

Quote from: PJ721 on July 05, 2006, 01:21:10 PM
man that's terrible..but what I found the most disturbing was this...

"The track day, run by the racetrack, did not have any cornerworkers or ambulance crews on site."  
:wtf:

How can this be done? A simple waiver sig.?

Super Dave

That and not so good legal and medical advice.  And a market that is more price sensative.
Super Dave