Main Menu

The color yellow

Started by vale46, June 19, 2006, 11:29:56 AM

jer271

This is just way too Fucking funny...

Jason748

Quote from: jer271 on June 20, 2006, 08:50:26 PM
This is just way too Fucking funny...

I agree.  I almost though about explaining in depth, why flourecent lights really, really suck when looking at colors under them (they have a very low CRI - Color Rendering Index, Yes I work as a lighting engineer).  But iI though better of it.

CCS should have meatballed instead of DQ'ed. :kicknuts:
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

jer271

I personally think its bullshit that happend the way it did, and everybody brings up a good point about the contingisy $$$$, but the over analization of the fact is histarical, especialy with some of the computer nerds on here .

I would have told them Ill have it changed for the next race and they will be repainted before the next CCS event if that didnt work I would then go grab Bill to make an exectutive decision on the DQ, if tHAT didnt work I would do what quite a FEW OF US are talking about and writing to wera on getting a midwest sched. and go race in a santion with some uniform. but I think talking to Bill would have done the trick so just be happy you guys get too race.

roadracer162

Let's just go with black.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Mongo

Well, just a helpful hint - it usually doesn't get you very far threatening to go race with another org when you're having a problem.  I'm just curious the reasoning behind the rule as CCS enforces it currently since my experience has been different I'd like to know what theirs is.  Probably oughta take this private tho so I'll email them later.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

spyderchick

Sean, I prefer the flo yellow as well.

It probably has to do with the paint application, because if you don't spray enough color, the white base can show through. Also, Neon/flourecent paints are not very UV stable, and can fade over time.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

Mongo

I've talked to some sign co peeps about doing vinyl vs paint to alleviate some of the issues.

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Team_Serpent

Quote from: Burt Munro on June 20, 2006, 03:45:04 PM
Maybe Pantone Yellow from this chart would be a good starting point........

http://www.logodesignworks.com/pantone_color_chart.htm

As far as I know the Pantone color charting system is one of the most universally accepted color matching systems out there.  It was specifically designed to avoid problems such as this in matching graphic presentation colors.

Bingo!

cbirk

http://www.logodesignworks.com/pantone_color_chart.htm

on this chart, what is the difference between process yellow and pantone yellow? ..I will take serpents bingo as a go ahead with pantone yellow. Leary that is has a descriptive prior the yellow though..

msbrit1

Quote from: spyderchick on June 21, 2006, 10:12:01 AM
It probably has to do with the paint application, because if you don't spray enough color, the white base can show through. Also, Neon/flourecent paints are not very UV stable, and can fade over time.
Spyderchick you are very right, it does fade very quickly.  You are talking to someone with experience in that department.  The paint is hard to spray, and fades to a chalky whiteish yellow quickly.  Vic's bike sees the sun only at race weekends when it's on track and it's faded quite a bit in the 2 years since he has sprayed it.  I think that there should be a standard...ok we all use 1991 Subaru Electric Yellow (My plates color which by the way is a bright yellow.) And we allow this much for the fact that the paint was sprayed very quickly or that it has faded.  The whole DQ thing sucks because you shouldn't have passed tech in the first place.  Either way there needs to be some type of a standard.

GrecianFormula40

Quote from: jer271 on June 20, 2006, 10:12:17 PM
I would have told them Ill have it changed for the next race and they will be repainted before the next CCS event if that didnt work I would then go grab Bill to make an exectutive decision on the DQ, if tHAT didnt work I would do what quite a FEW OF US are talking about and writing to wera on getting a midwest sched. and go race in a santion with some uniform. but I think talking to Bill would have done the trick so just be happy you guys get too race.

Jeremy,
Bill was right there while I pleaded my case. He said whatever Larry ruled he would back him. That's what I meant by Judge and Jury, I would have wasted $25 protesting this. I am happy that I get to race, but would like to be treated fairly. Bill could have stepped in here and common sense should have prevailed, but in this case it did not.
CCS EX GP #181

K3 Chris Onwiler

After recieving some interesting information from an outside source, I have decided to remove my previous post.  Seems someone may not be telling the exact truth about how all this went down.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com