News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Another Newbie Numberplate Question

Started by tigerblade, January 10, 2003, 07:09:19 AM

tigerblade

QuoteTech person: What's that between the 8 and the 0?
Change that before you hit the track.

We luv CCS

I guess I could block off the air intake...  ;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

Bernie

I used to get scored as "162" instead of "762".  Someone in scoring finally asked me to put a little widget on the front of my sevens so that they didn't look like ones anymore.  I know my numbers aren't per the rule book any more, but if race officials ask me to do something.....

Super Dave

John Deere yellow always worked for me, when I used it.  More of a real bright yellow without being florecent.
Super Dave

tigerblade

Just got the Multi-Tech in yesterday.  Mwah-hah-hah!

Younger Oil Racing

Nate R

Ah! You're one of the lucky few!  :D

Seriously, a LOT of people have gotten a LOT of CRAP from Neil @ Multi-Tech. There was a thread on the WERA board about a month ago about it. I think at least 6-7 people responded with bad experiences, or know someone who had bad experiences there.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

tigerblade

I read through the whole WERA thread but I had zero problems with M-T.  I've got a buddy who has a set for his RC and he had no problems, so I took the chance.  When I called, they said it would be a couple of weeks and asked if that was okay.  I'm just getting ready for Spring, so it was fine with me and they showed up right on time.  Everything looks to be in great shape; I can't complain.  
Younger Oil Racing

RC51Racer

tigerblade....have you looked at the 2003 rulebook (it's on the CCS home page)?  RC-51's can now put the numbers on one side of the intake.  But, they have to be on the scorers side.

Another note, before you get that bodywork all mounted, lowers have to be off for tech on the RC.

Just thought I'd let you know...

Mike...another RC racer

tigerblade

RC51Racer:

I just found out about the front numbers question the other day!  Woo hoo!   ;D

Regarding the lowers; I have 3 Dzus fasteners for each side.  What about the rear of the lowers?  I was thinking of making a bracket for another mounting point, similar to the stock bodywork?

What region(s) do you run?  

THANKS!

-Kris

Younger Oil Racing

RC51Racer

I run midwest....

I made the aft mounting points as well.  Last year they were bolts...this year they too will be dzus fasteners.....

RC-51's forever....... ;D

tigerblade

QuoteI run midwest....

I will be running Midwest/Great Plains too.  Probably run into you (hopefully not literally) sometime.   8)
Younger Oil Racing

tzracer

I run 2 dzus fasteners per side with no other mounts for the lower.

Only problem in the midwest is that your bike has to be scored from both sides. St. Louis runs counter clockwise (as viewed from above).
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

RC51Racer

QuoteOnly problem in the midwest is that your bike has to be scored from both sides. St. Louis runs counter clockwise (as viewed from above).

Gingerman is the same, numbers would have to be on the left side of the intake.  I'm just going to leave mine where they're at, covering some of the windscreen.

Mike