News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

BHF..... DNS/F

Started by racrx451, June 12, 2006, 06:28:01 PM

racrx451

So I just want to vent a little.... Made the trip this weekend to BHF... Traveled from Des Moines.  Spent a good amount on fuel and race fees to only get 10 laps of practice due to a brake rotor problem... I guess it's my own fault for putting aftermarket rotors and calipers on my bike (AP Racing)... I noticed some brake problems coming into turn 1 and then noticed something shooting out in front of me in turn 3 (thought is was something I picked up off the track)... after practice I checked my pads to notice 3 buttons missing from the rider's right side rotor!!!  It's where the rotor attaches to the carrier.  Obviously nobody carriers those except GP Tech and I didn't think those would just fly off!!  So, to make a long story short... I was unable to race and wasted a lot of time and money... The only good thing is I knocked off 2 seconds a lap from the last time I was there...... down to a 1:22... I know it's 10 sec off the pace, but it's only my second time at BHF... and it was only practice... OK.. Im done...
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

Woofentino Pugrossi

Coul dhad been worse. Ya could had crashed in your first practice and couldnt fix the bike.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

tshort

(Pssst...you'll go faster on a smaller bike). :thumb:
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

251am

I hear ya. BHF is in my backyard, MAM is in yours. Went down there just to get nailed by heatstroke 1/2 way through Sunday's races I had scheduled... :wah: That's life on the road. One of my teammates put his bike back together twice @ BHF, from two lowsides, only to get taken out a third time by an expert who doesn't know how to make a clean pass. :finger:   That's racing?!  I don't know.

Warm up laps (2) for HWSB had 3 wrecks! There was a full moon!  :ass:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.   

Thingy

That is the way it goes sometimes.  At the last MAM, I got in less that 15 laps in three days.  It makes for an expensive trip...
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

coyotee

Quote from: 251am on June 12, 2006, 08:44:37 PM
I hear ya. BHF is in my backyard, MAM is in yours. Went down there just to get nailed by heatstroke 1/2 way through Sunday's races I had scheduled... :wah: That's life on the road. One of my teammates put his bike back together twice @ BHF, from two lowsides, only to get taken out a third time by an expert who doesn't know how to make a clean pass. :finger:   That's racing?!  I don't know.

Warm up laps (2) for HWSB had 3 wrecks! There was a full moon!  :ass:

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.  

more gatorade forced down kidd's throat
more break levers for an R6

check.
~WIRiders.com~

racrx451

I know, I know... just like the R1 too much this year.... I may go to a 600 next year...

I guess everybody has gone through it... just wish the CCS would have better refund policy... oh well... I've wasted more money on less... thanx...

Quote from: tshort on June 12, 2006, 08:05:11 PM
(Pssst...you'll go faster on a smaller bike). :thumb:
'08 Ducati 848

CCS/ASRA #451

cb186

Quote from: racrx451 on June 13, 2006, 01:02:40 AM
I know, I know... just like the R1 too much this year.... I may go to a 600 next year...

I guess everybody has gone through it... just wish the CCS would have better refund policy... oh well... I've wasted more money on less... thanx...

it's not their fault that your bike had problems. remember, they have to pay the bills every weekend too.
2004 R6
cra #186
wera #186
superbikers2 #186
ccs #184
www.314racing.com, Hot Kitty's Pu$$ycat Lounge and Photo

Super Dave

+1

Never made me feel better, but it's true.
Super Dave

TommyG

Quote from: 251am on June 12, 2006, 08:44:37 PM
One of my teammates put his bike back together twice @ BHF, from two lowsides, only to get taken out a third time by an expert who doesn't know how to make a clean pass. :finger:   That's racing?!  I don't know.

What race was he Taken out in?? Was he taken out by the race leader/winner?

RocketJockey

Just to give a little perspective for ya fellas...

Back in Japan I would pay over $180 to enter just one race. Granted it was on a world class circuit (Motegi) and it included practice, qualifying, and a 10lap race, but I also had to add $100 in tolls for road use and another $120 for race hauler fuel. Only to be failed at tech because I was 1 decible too loud for my class...
: (

MFJ tech inspections are no joke! I also nearly failed once because my brand new Kushitani suit did not have the proper MFJ tag (I purchased the suit from a state-side dealer). The really funny thing was that the dude 2 or 3 places in front of me in the tech line had the same suit and he passed!

Word...